1971 Demon Brake Question

-

arj6156

Reaction score
I have the 73 disk conversion on my car. Currently replacing all moving parts in front suspension, bushings included. I want a matching system front and rear for disk upgrades; lines, brakes booster etc. I don't see any complete kit anywhere and there are a "LOT" of options. Can someone who already did a similar task fill me in on pitfalls. The car will be street/show but the brakes were never that great and since it's apart I want to do it right without completely breaking the bank. Plan to use 11" rotors, have green axles on back with 8 3/4. Thanks in advance

Mopar 10.7" Rear Disc Brake Kit

Those are your best bet, I have the bigger rotor version and they work well and get the parking brake cables too. It all works great. It's a 94-04 Ford Mustang Cobra brake caliper.

Most of the other kits that are cheaper use those really old Eldorado calipers (pins are exposed) and those calipers are just hot garbage.

Yup, call Cass at DoctorDiff. If the 73+ disks weren’t working great before something was wrong with them. Cass sells everything you need to overhaul the 73+ disks to proper working order.

As far as a “kit” goes, don’t get lured into an aftermarket company that sells both front and rear disks. That’s no more a “kit” than what DoctorDiff sells. It’s not like they’re the same brakes front and rear, they just have the same name cast on them. Not to mention, most of the aftermarket rear brake kits are the same across multiple platforms, they’re generic except for the brackets. DoctorDiff’s kit is built specifically for Mopars and to be used with either the 73+ disks or DoctorDiffs brake options.

I used Dr Diff stuff front & rear. Nice stuff.

20160723_223338.jpg

20170704_220653.jpg

View attachment 1715434393

-
Back