1971 Demon Fiberglass Six Pack Hood Question

-

Raupleminze

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have seen a few hood pin kits offered online for the B-body A12 cars. Will those kits work for mounting a lift off six pack hood on a 1971 Demon? Is there a separate kit somewhere? I looked on the AAR Fiberglass website and saw nothing. Will the A-body also require brackets to mount the rear pin? Anybody have pics of a similar set up?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Is there any need for the rear A12 brackets? Are you running a similar set up? If so pics?

A12 hood is held down at all four corners. I say yes you need t he rear brackets unless you think you can use hood springs ( lighter springs as in AAR type) for the rear off hood.

That's what I am thinking, I just wanted to make sure that they are used and was hoping for pictures for proper placement.

That's what I am thinking, I just wanted to make sure that they are used and was hoping for pictures for proper placement.
the A12 hood was reinforced and designed for these pins/brackets that hold the rear pins. I am not familiar with the hood you intend to use but really it needs to be well reinforced by the maker. needs to be a good hood and not just a "race" d esigned piece.
I had a A12 superbee decades ago. the lift off hood is cool but an be a nuisiance too! ha

Like barbee6043 said they can be a pain to deal with , when you take it off you can't sit it in the edge of the hood it will chip the paint , if it's windy it WILL take sail and fly , when using the a12 prop rods it will take 2 people to place them , 1 to hold the hood and 1 to place the rods , them both to set the hood on the rods . A better way is to use a hood that bolts on , VFN has both the hoods and scoop and will bond it on for you . To hold the glass hood open you can use some stainless tubing that will slide over the hood pins . We did this on a 71 Demon years ago , we bent them a little welded a piece on the end to hold the hood and polished them . Here are couple of pics of the car . Hope this helps .
demon 001.jpg

-
Back