1971 Demon Sizzler

-

JGOODY

Reaction score
Hey everyone new to FABO. I currently own a very nice 1967cuda fastback 340 4spd. I am considering purchasing a 1971 demon that the owner claims to be a "Sizzler" car. The car is partially dismantled but in very nice shape. It comes with many extra parts including a complete 340 but not numbers matching. The car is very solid and would be a fairly easy resto. The Vin LM29H1B281793 reveals a 340 Demon/Special Edition. How can I tell if this is a true Sizzler car, and are they (Sizzler Cars) significantly more valuable than your basic Demon. What approx. might this car sell for in the condition described.
Thanks, Jeff

The sizzler had hood scoops and a wing on the truck (go-wing?). I do not think they were any differnet otherwise fro the 340 Demon,
D340

It's not a real sizzler car. The vin states it to be a 340 car and sizzler were slant six and 318 only.

And the Go-wing was an option. It didn't come on all sizzlers.

I Could Be Wrong, But I Thought The Sizzler Was A Low Trim Level Demon. Ralley Wheels, But No Trim Rings, 3-speed Floor Shifted Trans, 318 Engine, No Scoops Or Wing, Unless It Was Dealer Installed. Special Hood Decal For The Sizzler Pkg.. I Didn't Think You Could Get The 340 In One. The Vin Shows It To Be A 340 Car. I Had A Freind That Owned One In High School (1976), That Car Ran 15.30's With The 318 & 3speed.

All real Sizzler pkg cars are A59 code cars. This code has to appear on the fender tag. '71 was the only year for the option and the original plan was to offer the car from March 1st until the end of the model year. Also the V21 code would appear on the build sheet for the hood blackout and multi curved stripes and Sizzler hood decal. Only a 198, 225 and 318 was avail and the hood stripes and black out was(minus the Sizzler decal)used on the '72 340 cars.

Stock equip was dual painted sport mirrors, lateral/transverse stripes, Tuff wheel, wheel lip and drip trough moldings and Ralley wheels(without trim rings but as an option)and cloth bench seat inserts.

Three Hi impact body colors included color-keyed grille surround:
Hemi Orange, Citron Yellow and Plumb Crazy.

That is about it and here are pics of my A59 in V2 paint:

PICT0128.JPG

DSCN1387.JPG

DSCN2146.JPG

-
Back