1971 Dodge Colt

-
I checked out the electrical on the car.To make it street legal all it needs is a headlight, and one tail lens bulb.The alternator is charging but is not charging the battery. The car does not seem nose heavy.I am going to fix these things.I will buy a new steering rack,$100,2 tie rod ends,$20,and a new set of struts,$65. A new master cylinder,$20.She should be good to go then and I wont have any fear of things falling off the car.I want to take it to Bristol before this winter but I do not think that is going to happen. Sox and Martin,among others raced these mini time bombs in pro stock,mid to low 8 second 1/4 mile. They stuffed 426 hemis in them. They were extremely brave....

AI placed an ad on racing junk for the colt.A guy is interested in trading a 73 duster with a 440 for the colt.He states the car is an old muscle motors car? The duster runs 10.20 1/4. Anyone know the car or have any interest in it?

Attachments

• race.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 238
The Colt is cool and all, but if someone is offering me that Pro Street 73 Duster in lieu of a 4 door Colt, i would be all over that swap.

The duster is full race. I spoke with muscle motors and the duster is indeed one of their former race cars. The guy was eager to find out who owned the duster and where it was located. Said it has historical value because back in the day it was running a 400 with a 383 crank and turning 9.90s in the 1/4.Problem is I got no place to store any cars. MM wanted some pix of my colt too. Hmmm,this could get interesting.

That Duster looks sweet enough to trade for. Love the Colt also. but a PRO STREET DUSTER!!!! That's a no brainer. The Colt would be already gone if it was mine.

Someone on fabo is interested in the duster. It is RACE CAR,not pro street.LOL!

Could be modded enough to make it street legal,then detune it so it's manageable and bobs your uncle!

This is a really nice car.The owner and I hit it off well.He is a super nice guy.He is bringing the duster this weekend from Michigan.He races a 9.90 colt and likes the 4 door I have.The duster has a 72 type fiberglass front end and a nice shark tooth grill. 440,stage 5 or 6 aluminum heads.1050 dominator.Tube frame. 5.13 8 3/4 rear. I was told it runs well but needs a new set of headers. The car runs 10.20s. The guy in Michigan may install a 750 hp.340 in the colt.I will post some pix after this weekend. I told yall I had an eye for ugly.

Wish I could find a title for my colt so I could drive it on the street.

Attachments

• image_11558557.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 169
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMRjqb6DooY"]YouTube - Sox and Martin Colt makes a pass[/ame]

Make it go like this one.

buddy has a SRT 4 running 11.90's and said he wants to get a colt and put a stage 3 srt 4 engine in it

That would make one wicked ride Colt with turbo 4, should handle well and scream

Cool car

Whatever happened to the trade? The Duster would be badd.....and the cold would be no slouch either.Hard decision.

-
Back