1971 Dodge Demon, Hemi Orange, Original California Car, Matching numbers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can;'t believe this car hasn't sold yet......IF I had the money it would be here....NICE CAR

I have had no luck removing the wing nut, have had some interest on the car, hope to sell it soon, Thanks !!

I'm not sure what a "bow tow" is, but I'm assuming the "wing" nut is rusted to the threads? spray the threads with penetrating oil like liquid wrench, chase the threads with a die if they're not too far corroded......cut if those first 2 options don't work. Likely if the oil helps break it loose you should be able to take the nut off.

Hope that helps. i want to see that trunk well. What a nice trunk floor!!

Do you still have the car?

PB blaster ?? I am going to try that..Thanks !!!...

Car is still available...

I found the original build sheet for the car, all number's are options are matching, this car was originally sold in California..

CIMG3460.jpg

CIMG3459.jpg

Cooool!

Now if the price gets closer to $6k...The $1k for shipping might be more bearable!

Good luck!

That car has a lot of potential.... although I'd be leery of a Mopar that, in pictures, looks to be in great shape but has the engine bay painted black or parts of it painted black. In this case you can see that there is orange paint below where it's already scratched or flaking off. Why paint over the orange?

The replay of the Mecum Muscle Car auction is being shown this weekend on the HD Net channel. Several Mopar A-bodies came across the auction block, including a very nice 1972 Dodge Demon 340, in what appears to be a darker blue exterior. Car had an aftermarket Go Wing, factory 1972 dual snorkel hood, aftermarket wheels, well detailed, very clean car with the 340.

In this market and in these economic conditions --- this car sold at this auction for $10,000...that's right, $10,000 for a REAL factory 1972 Dodge Demon 340, all restored - quality restoration.

Watching this auction in High Definition (1080i resolution) you can see all the details including any of the flaws of these cars --- this car (1972 Dodge Demon 340) was recently restored, excellent paint and interior as well as well detailed engine bay.

Yesterday a fully documented all numbers matching, rare 1971 Duster 340, with the factory V21 actory hood treatment, recent nut-and-bolt restoration, with the build sheet, sold for $23,000. It was a fabulous restoration -- basically museum quality work!

Prices remain DOWN.

Prices remain DOWN.

No, the prices are finally coming back down to reality!

The crazy, astronomical prices Mopars were bringing a few years back was insane! It was to the point that no average Mopar guy could not afford a nice quality resto or even a nice driver because everyone wanted crazy money. The auctions were one of the main problems causing the high prices.

Joe

i am located in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Please feel free to call with any questions..818-421-8961..

Greetings Darren, dont think that the car has been in any accidents. I dont know why the previous owner had the the motor bay painted black. I dont have the grill pieces. car drives and stops straight, no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back