-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LXguy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale is my 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger. This is a low mileage (approximately 35,000), NEVER rusty survivor with one repaint. It was originally a 318/904/7.25 car. I bought it 100% stock. This is now a very fast street/strip car with an original style appearance. It would be impossible to build a car like this for what I am asking, even if you could find an example this nice to start with.

There are 75 pics (4 pages worth) here:

http://photobucket.com/stevesmoparforsale

Please look before asking for more pics.

Video here (not my best pass, but its the only vid I've got):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8HuFq3BJ6U"]71 Dart 11.86 @ 112 - YouTube[/ame]

stevemoberly_8-9-11_2.jpg

SAM_1472.jpg

It has a 5.9 Magnum engine (disguised to look like an LA), built 904 with brake, 8.75, front disk brakes, entirely new brake and 3/8 fuel lines and new gas tank. New front end parts, Vinyl top is new also. The original interior is in excellent condition. The body has not been cut on, and appears excellent. The weatherstripping is in great shape. The windows roll up and down easily. The doors do not sag.

I have installed an auxiliary fuse box under the hood and all of the added electronics have been wired from this to keep the stock wiring in as unmolested shape as possible.

This is not a show car, but it is a LOT better looking than a “ten-footer”. The bumpers are dull but I have a new set of rechromed bumpers I will include for half what I paid for them.

This car will run 11s any time, and has gone a best of 11.70 @ 113.3 mph. It has gone 7.33 in the 1/8 mile. It consistently 60’ in the low low 1.5 range. This car hooks hard and consistently. I cut .050 lights on a .400 PRO tree and can redlight at will on a .500 pro tree. I have not exhausted the potential of this car as I mostly use it for index racing.

Even with all that I drive the car on the street regularly. It uses pump gas and is driven to the pump.

People from all walks of life gather around this car at the track or the shows and are very complimentary of it. It never ceases to amaze people that it is as fast as it is.

Engine:
1999 5.9 Magnum engine.
Hughes Iron Ram heads (drilled for LA intakes)
RPM Air Gap intake
Quick Fuel 750 carburetor
Mallory Electronic ignition (with two step, rev limit, spark retard, etc)
Kevko oil pan
Mopar valve covers
Custom Comp hydraulic roller cam (nice sound, but VERY streetable)
Harland sharp rocker arms
Hooker Comp headers with Darkside ceramic coating.
TTI X-pipe with Ultraflow mufflers into dumps ( have TTI tailpipes also)
New radiator and electric fan (have original radiator/fan setup)
Carter mechanical fuel pump
Cloyes billet double roller timing chain

This engine made 332 rwhp on a Dynojet dyno.

Drivetrain:
904 Transmission
Basically every trick from the A&A catalog except it has a stock drum (I have over $2000 in parts in this transmission).
A&A manual transbrake valve body
Cast aluminum pan
AN fittings and B&M stacked plate cooler
Ultimate Converter Concepts 9” torque converter (Streetable 3500 stall) ($900 new)
Dynotech custom Aluminum racing driveshaft
A body 8.75 rear with Moser Axles, Detroit Locker and Motive 3.91 gear.
Cheetah shifter

Suspension/ chassis:
Calvert Racing shocks (front and rear)
Cal-tracs and monoleafs
Custom subframe connectors
Custom driveshaft loop (removable with 2 bolts)
Stainless Steel Brakes front disk brake kit
Rebuilt manual steering box

Complete stock interior with no seam pops. Dash pad is mint. Carpet is original and so-so condition. Headliner is in good shape.

Tach, wideband 02 sensor, and supplementary for fuel, temp and oil pressure
High option car. The trunk light, key illumination and glove box light all work. Gas gauge and radio do not. I have disconnected the original AC, and have not been running coolant to the heater core (but it did not leak previously). The fan motor does need to be replaced)

I have the original bill of sale and inspection sheet. The build sheet is under the seat where it has resided for 41 years and is in good shape. It has two fender tags.

This is a no-apologies VERY nice car. You don’t find old Mopars like this (especially in the Midwest) and all of the modifications have been expertly installed.

$12,500

If the car does not sell rapidly enough for me I will begin removing the race oriented parts and replacing them with “streetier” versions (less gear, less camshaft, street trans, etc) and will attempt to sell it again next spring. I may be willing to consider streetifying it for sale, but this is really the only negotiation I am interested in.

I may consider some trades (as you can never say never). The only thing I know for sure I would trade for would be a 1966 or 1967 Ford Fairlane in equally nice shape, but am willing to look at anything (Mopar is still my first love), so long as it is NOT a Chevy, bike, quad or boat.
Am not interested in trades where I have to put cash with my car.

This is one of my favorite cars on the site. Well priced too, Good luck with the sale.

Yes, the bottom end is stock.

Works very well, Comes in under 30% leakdown on every cylinder when cold.

Wonderful job on the car; bargin price too! It is hard to believe someone would "build" a similar car when yours is available for about half the cost of what it would take to end up where your car is now.

Good luck with the sale; I would buy it myself but I don't need another one in the garage. Correction; my wife doesn't think I need another Dart in the garage.

Nothing so far. People interested, tire kickers, etc. Oh well, since I haven't been able to get to the track its been fun talking about it!

74' Duster...I'd like to sell or poss. trade(s)???? Thx.

Attachments

• 74ply56981-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,266
  • 74ply56981-2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,274
  • 74ply56981-3.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,274
  • 74ply56981-4.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,251
  • 37994563V.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,266
Man, I know the way to your house, too. I bought my stroker from you. I am highly tempted on this one, too. I love the Swingers. Gonna have to sweet talk the old lady into letting me get another car!

Free bump.

Very nice car and it launches well. A stroker would have been the cherry on the ice cream sunday. You start swapping out parts PM me about the trans and converter please for outright sale.

I also have seen car in person (purchased tranny from seller) This car is very nice and worth the asking price. Good luck with sale.

I love this car. Cant believe it is still for sale. Best of luck with sale

have a 69 dart gts to trade

Up for sale is my 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger. This is a low mileage (approximately 35,000), NEVER rusty survivor with one repaint. It was originally a 318/904/7.25 car. I bought it 100% stock. This is now a very fast street/strip car with an original style appearance. It would be impossible to build a car like this for what I am asking, even if you could find an example this nice to start with.

There are 75 pics (4 pages worth) here:

http://photobucket.com/stevesmoparforsale

Please look before asking for more pics.

Video here (not my best pass, but its the only vid I've got):

71 Dart 11.86 @ 112 - YouTube

stevemoberly_8-9-11_2.jpg

SAM_1472.jpg

It has a 5.9 Magnum engine (disguised to look like an LA), built 904 with brake, 8.75, front disk brakes, entirely new brake and 3/8 fuel lines and new gas tank. New front end parts, Vinyl top is new also. The original interior is in excellent condition. The body has not been cut on, and appears excellent. The weatherstripping is in great shape. The windows roll up and down easily. The doors do not sag.

I have installed an auxiliary fuse box under the hood and all of the added electronics have been wired from this to keep the stock wiring in as unmolested shape as possible.

This is not a show car, but it is a LOT better looking than a “ten-footer”. The bumpers are dull but I have a new set of rechromed bumpers I will include for half what I paid for them.

This car will run 11s any time, and has gone a best of 11.70 @ 113.3 mph. It has gone 7.33 in the 1/8 mile. It consistently 60’ in the low low 1.5 range. This car hooks hard and consistently. I cut .050 lights on a .400 PRO tree and can redlight at will on a .500 pro tree. I have not exhausted the potential of this car as I mostly use it for index racing.

Even with all that I drive the car on the street regularly. It uses pump gas and is driven to the pump.

People from all walks of life gather around this car at the track or the shows and are very complimentary of it. It never ceases to amaze people that it is as fast as it is.

Engine:
1999 5.9 Magnum engine.
Hughes Iron Ram heads (drilled for LA intakes)
RPM Air Gap intake
Quick Fuel 750 carburetor
Mallory Electronic ignition (with two step, rev limit, spark retard, etc)
Kevko oil pan
Mopar valve covers
Custom Comp hydraulic roller cam (nice sound, but VERY streetable)
Harland sharp rocker arms
Hooker Comp headers with Darkside ceramic coating.
TTI X-pipe with Ultraflow mufflers into dumps ( have TTI tailpipes also)
New radiator and electric fan (have original radiator/fan setup)
Carter mechanical fuel pump
Cloyes billet double roller timing chain

This engine made 332 rwhp on a Dynojet dyno.

Drivetrain:
904 Transmission
Basically every trick from the A&A catalog except it has a stock drum (I have over $2000 in parts in this transmission).
A&A manual transbrake valve body
Cast aluminum pan
AN fittings and B&M stacked plate cooler
Ultimate Converter Concepts 9” torque converter (Streetable 3500 stall) ($900 new)
Dynotech custom Aluminum racing driveshaft
A body 8.75 rear with Moser Axles, Detroit Locker and Motive 3.91 gear.
Cheetah shifter

Suspension/ chassis:
Calvert Racing shocks (front and rear)
Cal-tracs and monoleafs
Custom subframe connectors
Custom driveshaft loop (removable with 2 bolts)
Stainless Steel Brakes front disk brake kit
Rebuilt manual steering box

Complete stock interior with no seam pops. Dash pad is mint. Carpet is original and so-so condition. Headliner is in good shape.

Tach, wideband 02 sensor, and supplementary for fuel, temp and oil pressure
High option car. The trunk light, key illumination and glove box light all work. Gas gauge and radio do not. I have disconnected the original AC, and have not been running coolant to the heater core (but it did not leak previously). The fan motor does need to be replaced)

I have the original bill of sale and inspection sheet. The build sheet is under the seat where it has resided for 41 years and is in good shape. It has two fender tags.

This is a no-apologies VERY nice car. You don’t find old Mopars like this (especially in the Midwest) and all of the modifications have been expertly installed.

$12,500

If the car does not sell rapidly enough for me I will begin removing the race oriented parts and replacing them with “streetier” versions (less gear, less camshaft, street trans, etc) and will attempt to sell it again next spring. I may be willing to consider streetifying it for sale, but this is really the only negotiation I am interested in.

I may consider some trades (as you can never say never). The only thing I know for sure I would trade for would be a 1966 or 1967 Ford Fairlane in equally nice shape, but am willing to look at anything (Mopar is still my first love), so long as it is NOT a Chevy, bike, quad or boat.
Am not interested in trades where I have to put cash with my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back