1971 Duster Hood Scoop Help!

-

hawaiiandart

Reaction score
I've been looking for a cowl hood for my 1971 Duster but it appears no one is making them anymore.

So I am looking for help from someone who has the ability to superimpose a Challenger T/A hood scoop onto a stock Duster hood. I am running a Super Stock hood scoop that I have grown tired of (picky). I've purchased a dual snorkle scoop but it does not have the required clearance for my Big Block-Dominator combination even with a drop air cleaner base. AAR used to make a extra tall dual snorkle scoop but do not know if it is still available. I have a damaged Challenger T/A hood that I can cut the scoop from but do not have a stock flat hood at the moment to try it out on. If it looks good I will purchase a flat hood, fiberglass if I can find one, and add the scoop.

The cowl hood is my first choice but either way I will be purchasing another hood. The T/A scoop would help. I'd like to get it out of my garage (haha). Someone help!

Mopars 206a.jpg

Duster Hood 2.JPG

P4130070a.JPG

Mopars 211 1971 Duster 340a.jpg

Mopars Stuff 211 Tall Dual Snorkel Scoop.jpeg

Mopars 124a.jpg

Thank God they quit making those Chevrolet hoods for Mopars I don't think they sold too many of them...that extra high dual snorkel looks sic

Unlimited sells the T/A scoop, and lots of cowl hoods for 70 roadrunners (look just like a stock 70 rr, NOT a gm), and lots of cowl scoops. They might have what your looking for.

Unlimited products sells a 3/3 1/2, and 4 3/4 cowl hood for dusters.
This is great. I just checked their site. They have all kinds of choices. I'm hoping someone out their could provide feedback on the quality of their products. I had bad experience years ago from a company sending me a horribly warped hood. To add salt to the wound I paid an arm and leg for the shipping to Hawaii. I just can't remember the name of the company. Thanks for the info!

If you put a cowl hood on a duster then it turns into a nova !

You are in a bad spot for getting something like a hood, high shipping cost, high probability of shipping damage.
Unlimited HAD a pretty poor reputation, but there was a change of ownership a few years back, and quality is supposed to be quite improved.
They are, figuratively speaking, just down the street from me, (Hesperia, ca) and I pass their area frequently. If I were buying a hood from them, I could inspect it pre-purchase, and carry it home myself.
Too bad they sell nothing for my cars that I would buy glass for. (Opel Gt, 62 savoy).

You must buy sight unseen from these Monkeys and return opf deposit.
I have tried them again last year and they were
worse than ever and more flimsy and warped yet. Scraped
up from not enough Mold release and beaten out of the mold
with a big hammer and wedge.

I used to be a Boat Manufacture and I know Fiberglass =
Their stuff is unacceptable.

Fortunately 20 plus years ago I stocked up on a dozen Duster/Demon/Scamp/Dart
hoods (With every different scoop in a dedicated Mold) and fenders.
All Hand laid with Nytex Tridirectional cloth and built
with the best of everything (Most with AME resin).
Lots of different Cowl heights and different scoops from dedicated molds.

I would sell you exactly what you want for less than the crap they build today.

But it might cost you more than the parts to ship them to Hawaii unfortunately.!

Last edited:
Agree..this demon hood I bought from AAR back in 2010 is so warped I should tape a dollar to it and throw it in the dumpster just to say I lost something....they suck...horrible ...bowed,warped,too long, Never Again!!!

20230822_151130.jpg

-
Back