1971 Duster Twister Rallye Wheels without Center Emblem?

-
So it appears the 1971 Twister Special had light Argent Silver wheels, dark Argent center caps, and no trim rings. I know the Twister never had the 340 to beat insurance requirements. Do the Gurus here agree? Filing for future reference. Paul.

I've personally nerver seen a ralley wheel without a center cap. Someone please correct me, but my library says all 1970 ralley's had light Argent center caps, and 1971's all had dark Argent center caps. Trim rings only came on 70-71 340 cars. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Are you talking about the center cap appliques? I found new ones from Year One, and installed them.

The only place that you see a ralleye wheel without the center cap is in the 1970 sales brochure. The folio was designed before the center caps were available so they showed a bare rim in the brochure. I think that the Twister ringless wheels were the only place that happened. Later Darts, Dart Sports, Dusters and Scamps with ralleye wheels all had brushed stainless trim rings, with the later center caps.

I know the Twister never had the 340 to beat insurance requirements.

Yes, that's right - in the past we had here some discussion about, because in some older articles and books is the combination of Twister-package and H-Code (only for 1972) mentioned, but there was never a proof for this....or an original car with this combination found.

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet this fall, but you're on my list to visit. Could you enlighten me about the70-71 center cap appliques? I've used them on several of the 70 center caps I've restored. They're spendy, at $5.54 each plus shipping, but in my opinion, they really set the center cap off to perfection. Your thoughts, please, neighbor?
20211208_155842 (1).jpg

-
Back