-
Status
Not open for further replies.

elitesrock2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a 71 or 72 dodge demon project. Mostly looking for a 4 speed car but will consider auto depending on price. Can also do trade of a 69 dodge dart project that is in excellent condition original paint bumper guards factory 273 auto car.

Seen a 72 on craigslist in Minnesota for 5500.00 basket case all torn down 72 Dodge Dart Demon On Rotisserie Lots of xtras - $5500 (North Branch) that just north of the twin cities not a bad deal

also seen one good project car.as you can see someone ''started'' on it but this is as far as it got.what you see is how its being sold.front floors have some rust but the rest of the car is pretty solid.drivetrain is complete but condition is unknown.Ron

00C0C_5LLoNHPiWyM_50x50c.jpg
00i0i_b9V0BnyazgM_50x50c.jpg
00A0A_ltrMDHVqQfw_50x50c.jpg
00g0g_e99iDB6rsSV_50x50c.jpg
00F0F_57hjyfFqdgD_50x50c.jpg
00U0U_gDDxExzqHw0_50x50c.jpg
00L0L_a4FNl1ehmzE_50x50c.jpg
00B0B_fX8RI7eBwFh_50x50c.jpg

2929.png
2929.png
2930.png
2930.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1972 Dodge Demon

fuel: diesel
title status: clean
transmission: other
type: other

QR Code Link to This Post

I am selling my 1972 Dodge Demon in Petty Blue. The car was originally a /6 car with a 904 auto. I purchased the car from the original owner in Iowa two years ago as a complete care without engine or trans. The care had a ugly rust hole in the drivers side floor, minor rust on passenger floor, dented in and minior rusted outter rocker panels,, minor rust bottom of rear quarters where it connects to trunk and a badly rusted drivers front frame rail.

What has been done.

Care has been completely torn down and all the parts are stored inside my shed including all the glass with no cracks or issues. The car was then put on a home built rotisserie then raised up and power washed. The front frame rail has been completely rebuilt/repaired. The car was then leveled on the rotisserie then tacked into place so that it would not move while doing the floor and the rockers. The drivers and passenger side floor pans have been replaced with AMD floor pans.

Currently it is still tack welded completely level and square on the rotisserie. with the front drivers fender removed because I was going to begin replacing the drivers rocker panel

What I have for it:

8.75 rear end for an A body car.
5.2 magnum engine out of an 98 dakota
Custom fly wheel to allow the newer 5.2 magnum to bolt up to an A833 4 speed transmission ( $450 flywheel ). It was needed due to the crank sensor
8A33 4 speed
4 speed pedal assembly
Original great condition hurst pistol grip shifter
COMPLETE in box brand new HDK front suspension for coil overs with a 1" sway bar with mounting brackets/hardware. HDK suspension includes the A-Arms and an new Kframe that will fit anything from a modern hemi, to a small block LA or a old school big block.
New fiberglass 6 pack hood
built 727 transmission in a big block case ( was in my old truck. Built to handle big power )
clean and shiny small block 727 case. ( was not decided on whether or not to convert it to 4 speed or go with 727 so I have both setups )
67 mm precision turbo with blow off vale and various piping
dodge dakota hooker shorty headers
Car Tools complete frame stiffening kit new in box. Includes radiator support, torque boxes, frame rail stiffeners

What's missing:
Wheels and tires.. sold them.. too small for what I wanted
Fuel tank sold.. wasn't gonna use
front original /6 kframe.. with stock suspension ( hdk replaces it )
if you want to go with the 4 speed conversion the only thing needed is the "hump" which is why i did 2 piece floors as opposed to doing a single floor. I also wanted to keep as much factory metal as I could.

Other notes. The car is all original body. No bondo! you can see the original factory skim coat ( kinda thick ) on the drivers fender where the paint was weather damaged. It looks like the car was stored in a car port or something similar due to the way the front drivers side was was the only real weather damage. ( frame rail, hole in floor etc )

Everything goes .. Not looking to piece it out unless you don't want the 5.2 in which case I will work with you on price without it. I have close to 10K invested in it and unfortunately I can't work on it without having my back hurt for 4 days afterwards.

This is not a nightmare project gone wrong. In fact what has been done is done very well. NO bondo! The car is not twisted or abused. It was a /6 car with 0 hp and 0 torque driven by some old lady which is why I went and got it. All the parts that make it a demon are in great shape like the grill and tail lights. The window edges and rain channels are in perfect condition. NO rot around and of the windows. The only body work needed is what I mentioned before. Replace both rockers or use slip ons ( includes a brand new AMD drivers complete replacement ) then do the bottom rear quarters then work on the small dings/dents then prep and paint.

Contact if you have any questions. I also have the clean title for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back