1971 Plymouth Scamp for sale (not mine) Craigslist Tulsa- Opinions? :-)

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
I think it is in pretty sweet shape, shark tooth grille n all... but no interior pics?

Seems high to me, but these things are getting rarer. I'd prolly pay like 2,500 for it... Title missing, though? 2,000? IDK

1971 Plymouth Scamp

scammp.jpg

scammp2.jpg

scammp3.jpg

scammp4.jpg

Last edited:
They are becoming more difficult to find. Some states will allow you to "bond" a title. Will turn into a legitimate title over time. Would also like to see interior pics. If that shark tooth grille is all complete and in great condition that is a high priced item. The body looks pretty solid. IMO anything less than $2500 is an alright price. The car is only worth what someone will pay.

If someone had some extra parts it would be a good buy wouldn't make it shinny and long as the police report comes back good and having a bill of sale helps in Indiana you go through the court system to get a title and it doesn't cost anything

I'm of the same mind as Evan...it has a desirable front end, it looks to be complete, with a good rear, looks like all it needs is an engine/tran/driveshaft? That would be easy to find by comparison of body work. On the title; it just says lost...get his story, run the VIN for stolen and apply for a lost title replacement.

Price? Yeah, I'm more in your neck of the woods...unless that frame and body are all solid, 3500 is high...offer low and expect him to bring you up...there are running driving registered/insured A bodies with some issues for less than that. There's a good network on here for spare parts, but unless you're WANTING a project to keep you busy and broke for a while, this may not be your best option unless you're the type of person who falls into a pile of crap and comes out smelling like roses.

Some states will allow you to "bond" a title. Will turn into a legitimate title over time.

Not all states require a title for vehicles over a certain age. N.H. (where I live) is one of them, if I'm not mistaken they won't even issue one for a vehicle over 25 yo.

This is true for a lot of NE states, but they still like to tax stuff miscellaneous stuff south of the mason dixon. Texas requires you to title any car for ownership and pretty sure OK does too...I suspect it stems from theft concerns in the days of yore. I love my state, but there's nonsense you gotta deal with anywhere you go.

She looks real nice and straight..

i had one problem when i bought some motorcycles from an auction that had no titles. A very big pain which was partially my fault. There was no mention of titles or BOS on auction ad... or at least i saw none of it. I was kind of excited as the starting price was real real low. The bikes were not on site so i didnt get to inspect them. They were up state and were coming down the day AFTER the auction. However i was able to contact the owner and he sent me some pics on them and i thought they looked real good. After i became the proud new owner of them (not going to lie i got a real good deal for them) and after they arrived, 2 of the 3 bikes had their VIN's scratched off. The third one was impeccable and was the main motivation why i bought the three.. after a month of back and forth with obtaining titles between auction house and dmv, i sold all three bikes with no titles (still made a bit of profit on them) and never again dealt with something that has no title.
Kinda my fault.. i shouldve asked for the title/BOS/or pictures on the vin. Big slip there.

Moral of the story (i guess)
If its cheap enough that you can still profit in the worse case scenario, go for it

-- I think it is in pretty sweet shape, shark tooth grille n all... _ _ _ _ _ Seems high to me, but these things are getting rarer. I'd prolly pay like 2,500 for it... Title missing, though? 2,000? IDK -- 1971 Plymouth Scamp --
-- Grille & 8-3/4" rear = $1,500, or more, depending on condition. -

-
Back