Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerW

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey all:

After owning it 4 years, I've decided the time has come to sell my Valiant. I need the money to get started on the '73 Dart Sport.

I've got this listed on Craigslist as a local sale so this is essentially a copy of that ad text. Please ask any info you need to.

I've owned this car for 4 years and have put a lot of work into it to modernize it into a neat daily driver, which it is.

When I started out with this, it was a non-running slant six, manual steering manual drum brake car. Thanks to access to later-model parts cars, I have done the following:

*Swapped in a 1973 318 engine and 1968 A904 trans. Runs good, resealed and repainted, no oil use or leaks.Mileage unknown. Trans shifts fine and has been resealed and painted.
*swapped original 7.25 rear for later 8.25 large bolt pattern rear end. Good shape, but axle bearings are getting slightly noisy.
*swapped SL6 K-member for later spool-type V8 K-member with power disc brakes, large bolt pattern and power steering.V8 torsion bars
*4 new tires
*4 new shocks
*electronic ignition
*new radiator, hoses and belts.
*new belts
*rebuilt carb.
*changed 4-corner evap system to later style w/matching used tank.
*new brake calipers, pads and hoses
*completely overhauled front-end.
*new exhaust front to rear.
So, mechanically this car is in great shape.

The car itself is in good condition for a '71. There are a few rust spots but nothing major. Paint is original. Interior is original with the Deluxe black/silver seats.Nice dash pad and uncut dash.
It needs a headliner and the front seats recovered. Everything works.

It's going to need a front end alignment and there's a couple exhaust leaks at the manifolds, but that's it. Get in and drive it anywhere.

I like this car and ones of this era that are still solid are getting hard to find. But, I have another Mopar patiently waiting it's turn to get back on the road so this one is ready for a new home.
If this was a Duster or a Scamp I could ask $3000 for it, but as it is, $1500 will buy this neat old Plymouth. I would hate to see this car ultimately scrapped but if you want the wealth of parts it has on and under it then ok but you have to come close to what I am asking.

Located in N. Alabama about 25 miles south of Huntsville.

Thanks for looking!

S3010038.jpg

S3010037.jpg

S3010036.jpg

SANY0001.jpg

SANY0002.jpg

SANY0003.jpg

SANY0005.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

Great car. Ill be down in AL at the end of the month if for some reason you still have it I will contact you.
PM Sent

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayixp3DtfmU"]Out for a drive - YouTube[/ame]

SOLD, for $1300.

Not complaining, because it went to a good home in NC, but like every other time it was a local sale, not a forum member. Anything without a 2 doors or a 340 or big-block is impossible to sell on "enthusiast" forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back