1971 Valiant/Scamp dash/radio trim

-

Mr. Mopar

Automotive writer
Reaction score
Howdy,

I had a question I was hoping some Valiant/Scamp experts may be able to answer.

I'm trying to bring my '71 Scamp's interior back to as original a look as possible—it's mostly there already, it's mainly just the FM radio-cassette (and speakers on the package shelf) that are out-of-place.

I've got a Chrysler two-watt AM radio like the car originally came with, but it doesn't come with a face plate. What I'm wondering is: the Valiant/Scamps did come with a radio face plate, right? Something along these lines?

Also, I'm seeing very few painted-metal (lower) dashes in my research; most instead have two pieces of trim, black and wood, across the right side of the dashboard. Was this trim optional? Or was it standard and simply missing from my car?

Finally, the face of the radio I've got has 'Chrysler' on it—did Plymouths get their own radios with their name on it?

Thanks for any help; a photo of my dashboard is below. Would love to see reference shots if anyone has a survivor with an original dashboard!

P.S. While we're talking about dashes, what's the small box compartment under the dash on the far right for? Pardon my ignorance!

-
Back