Status
Not open for further replies.

Prine

A-Body Fanatic
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everyone, I figured I would list my Super Beetle here, since I listed it on my local craigslist. I cant find it in me to list it on Ebay, or in the local American Classifieds. I would rather see it go to a car enthusiast that will get the most benefit from owning it.

So here goes:

1971 VW Super Beetle ~ 1600 DP/4 speed manual

1600cc- Dual Port Engine (original engine as far as I know)...100% Stock
New Parts (less than 2000 miles) Generator Belt, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Cap, Rotor, Points, Spark Plugs, Battery, Ignition Switch, 10ga Coil Wire, Oil Change, Valve Lash., Driver Window Regulator. Newer Parts with less than 5000 miles on them,...Brake Master Cylinder, Front Stainless Steel brake lines, Bronze Idler Arm Bushing, Steering Stabilizer, Lower Control Arms with new ball joints, and bushings, Alignment.

JVC CD player, AM/FM, (2) 6x9's...rocks out pretty good for $150 system

Good Tires - 90%

Driver Side door panel is removed because I lost some of the door panel clips...But I have the door panel....need about (10) more clips.

Runs good, drives good, stops good.

Has a small oil leak...like 1/2 quart between oil changes...I do tend to park on Unlevel ground quite a bit though...never noticed a spot on the driveway after parking there....no biggie.

Some little issues with it like Hi Beam/Lo Beam Dimmer switch broken...stuck on High.

Couple of paint chips.
One TINY (about the size of a half dollar) RUST Hole under the front corner of the Battery....otherwise COMPLETELY RUST FREE!

The horn, turn signals, windshield wipers, brake lights, liscense plate lamp, gauges, instrument panel lights, all that stuff works....& I have a bunch of spare fuses and bulbs.

Could use a new carpet set...some corners are loose, and kinda tattered.
Might could use a new fuel level sender....it works but intermittently goes from fuel level to Empty....might be a bad ground or something.

It has (1) Bullseye in the windshield....no crack yet.....but.

I have a clear title, a owners manual , some original VW tools, the OEM washer bottle, a custom made Cool Air Intake with 3" K&N Filter...the door panel..to include.

I am asking $2500 or best offer....I have over $4500 tied up in this car.
Dont really have to sell it....but would like to just to cash out of it and put the money towards my Duster.....With insurance...fuel, and any repair it needs, I have never HAD to spend more than $60.00/mo on this car...
Would make a great car for just about anyone who likes saving money on transportation.

Cranks Up, Hot/Cold/Raining/Snowing/Windy/Cloudy/Sunny...Anytime.

Car is located in Clovis,NM 88101...and Local Pickup and Driveaway is the only option for THIS car...whether Fly-In, drive home, or Drive-Here, Drive Away....I cannot deliver this car.
I would not hesitate to drive it just about anywhere....just note everything I have pointed out above.

Here is a link to my Photobucket Album of it:
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/kpgsx/Beetle/

PM me with interest, or offer.
Thanks
Prine

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back