Status
Not open for further replies.

MOPARFIVE

Midwest Moparz
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 72 413 (casting date 8-29-72), engine for sale. It is a motorhome engine with the weird angle plug heads but only has 39,000 miles on it. It is clean and has a new performance cam in it. Includes everything from intake to pan. UPDATE! IT IS A 413. Just did more research and it's a 413. Open to all offers at this point. How is $400? Sorry for the wrong info earlier. Thanks to all the FABO folks who fianlly helped me get this figured out. Still a great builder engine. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN1887.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,802
  • DSCN1888.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 3,108
  • DSCN1889.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 1,483
  • DSCN1890.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,419
...........That is a cast crank in that engine, it is for a 1973 model year..........kim........
X2...is for sure a cast crank motor,looking at the balancer....not that there is a damn thing wrong with that,probably better get the convertor with the engine for who ever gets it..GLWS

I have had a few 72/3 dated engines with the thicker balancer like that ....that don't look like a cast crank balancer to me.

I bet its an HP motor or has the six pack rods ....the heavier rods take the thicker balancer and changes things on the bottom end for flywheels and related.

check the ID boss to the right of the distributor and see if there any markings like "HP2" or anything else

also that looks like a front sump truck pan ....which means it is out of a truck and heavy trucks used forged cranks and heavier rods up to 75

Heres the best way to figure it out ,show the torque convertor and if it has a weight on it then its not a forged but cast..

every cast crank balancer I ever had on a 440 looked like this one

Attachments

• CIMG3394.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,292
Thanks for the info folks. I don't have the converter that came with it. I was not quite sure because the cast crank balancers I have seen are much bigger but I defer. I have checked this for any stampings in all the regular places and all the irregular places and it has nothing except the date 8/29/72 and a 17 stamped on the boss at the front of the intake valley where you would normally have the engine displacement stamped, and the number 8362 at the top back of the engine on the tranny flange. It is a 440 out of a motor home with 39,000 on it. Throw some offers I don't offend easy. Thank again FABO family.

I thought six pak balancer the moment i seen it. I'd like to know!

I had a cast crank 74,in my Beeper. It's balancer, looked like the Ranster's photo. I'm thinking 6Pack/CHP rotating assembly. I had one,out of a 73 440, remember the balancer being huge.(1991,been a while..).

I have had a few 72/3 dated engines with the thicker balancer like that ....that don't look like a cast crank balancer to me.

I bet its an HP motor or has the six pack rods ....the heavier rods take the thicker balancer and changes things on the bottom end for flywheels and related.

check the ID boss to the right of the distributor and see if there any markings like "HP2" or anything else

also that looks like a front sump truck pan ....which means it is out of a truck and heavy trucks used forged cranks and heavier rods up to 75

your on because every cast crank balancer I ever had on a 440 looked like this one

Rani the 440 is out of a motor home (RV) it's a industrial engine I have one but mine is a 77. Some did come with 6 pak rods but most are cast cranks.

...........That is a cast crank in that engine, it is for a 1973 model year..........kim........

Careful.It could be a steel crank motor home engine with six pack rods. They were externally balanced, too.

look at the balancer see if its is stamped with any part #'s or anything like 'cast crank only' or something along those lines....cast

No numbers on vibration dampener. I think i have access to the trans and convertor now. I will see what shakes down and update this post. Hang onto those beans.

Hi. Check the post. It's a 413. Thanks to all the FABO folks who finally helped me figure this out. It's still a great builder with heavy duty block. Hows $400

Thanks to txstang84 for the great info. It does appear that this is a forged crank motor, HD truck, motorhome which has reinforced block too after doing some reading. Could be a nice max wedge start.

Thanks to txstang84 for the great info. It does appear that this is a forged crank motor, HD truck, motorhome which has reinforced block too after doing some reading. Could be a nice max wedge start.

I think you mean gremlin-he found the info on 440 source

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back