1972-76 original spark plug wires

-

sixpac3x2

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I work at Lectric Limited and have had a couple requests to make the reproduction orange spark plug wire sets. In order to do so I need a little help. I have the 1972 models nailed down! But need:

1 - To see an original wire with the correct script used on the 1973 models.
2 - To see an original wire with the correct script used on the 1974 models.
3 - To see an original wire with the correct script used on the 1975 models.
4 - To see an original wire with the correct script used on the 1976 models.

5 - Need to get an original set of wires from any Model 1973 318, 340, or 360. NOS Mopar set 3744972 would also be sufficient to verify correct lengths.

The wire script would be the same across all Models for a specific model year as the wire itself was the same. So original wires off any Chrysler passenger cars could be used to verify correct script.
I believe that starting in 1973 the Mopar over the counter replacement sets began using Mopar script on the wires, but the assembly line wire still said Chrysler Corporation. This is why the script samples need to be verifiable as original to the car based on the date code on the wire.

It is also a fact that Chrysler used 2 different manufacturers for the wires. One used a vendor code of QM in the script the other used AATH, but the script used on the assembly line wires should be identical other than that. The manufacturer of QM wire was used for production line only, and the AATH was used on over the counter replacement sets and possibly assembly line.

I will need the info. listed above before I can begin ordering components and printing wheels, I cannot justify this project without having all the info. necessary. The 1972 wires cannot be made until I have the other years to offer as well.

-
Back