1972 dart 2 door

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
So I got a donor set of doors for our dart . They now painted and ready to mount and I realized there are holes for trim at top of the door right where up to the felt . I've never seen a car with this and rest of my car does Not have this no photos I can find show it . This was **** of my donor doors I had just before I took them apart.

Anyone know what this trim is ? How I can get it for my back window as well ? Because I need make them match now. Second photo shows the holes after being primed . I've had many a body's and never seen this . Not a single photo I've googled shows forks with this .

D6FB6BD9-1DDD-4B82-969D-5FAA66B717BF.png

5D199155-0600-4004-AF0F-E85C93C9DD37.png

Found one on YouTube with it . How do I buy this for front door and back window so my car matches ?

B6CA2A4B-48CD-47E2-8AD7-456D9E8B94B9.png

C0B1AE85-33F6-49D3-95A3-021A68FF0A9D.png

Not on any scamps I've googled or seen in real life. This is not a want add . I'm asking what's it's called , what's the option ? What trim package is it ? Links to maybe where to find . Want add is me asking for one of you to sell me . If I post things like thins in wanted area with to many questions attached it gets removed , every time it seems.

M31 belt molding. You could get it on Dusters, Demons, Darts and Scamps. It isn't reproduced as far as I know and the corner pieces for the rear sucks to find in decent shape. I can take photos after bit if needed, I added it to mine.

Not on any scamps I've googled or seen in real life. This is not a want add . I'm asking what's it's called , what's the option ? What trim package is it ? Links to maybe where to find . Want add is me asking for one of you to sell me . If I post things like thins in wanted area with to many questions attached it gets removed , every time it seems.
The picture I posted is of a scamp I stripped. I have seen it on Darts in 71 and 72 and on the scamps that came through my shop. Sorry , I thought I could help but Dart you want Dart it is. Good luck in your search. You won't find it reproduced or the fasteners.

It's called Belt Molding. You're likely to find hens teeth first! If it were mine (and it isn't) I'd strip the paint from the ID of those holes, weld them up, smooth them over and move on. I do wish you the best in finding the belt molding if that is what you want.

It's called Belt Molding. You're likely to find hens teeth first! If it were mine (and it isn't) I'd strip the paint from the ID of those holes, weld them up, smooth them over and move on. I do wish you the best in finding the belt molding if that is what you want.
I'll may have to do that but my doors are all painted and cleared :( . **** .

You might try calling Tony D'Agostino. He's the only one I can think of who might have it. Since it's already painted, maybe hold off a while on fixing the holes until you see if you luck into some. I'll see Steve Ivester at Rockingham next Saturday, so I'll ask him if he has any. If he does, I'll PM you his number.

So i have what want on the doors before taken them apart . They are not in good shape . What I don't have at all is what would be for back side windows ( not 4 door ) back windows for 2 door . I'll look up who that is id like to buy a whole set used or new . New f8 green . Car was originally that old f8 . I don't really like it but my kid who's car this is likes it.

1D918D42-E3A9-4C75-B8BC-44079C54ABD7.jpeg

76DDB932-535C-4F33-B30C-5880ADAD71F4.jpeg

C284E92F-DD35-4440-BA57-2CD020741AAE.jpeg

DBF55383-9731-46E5-8BD5-02871CC59D7B.jpeg

You might try calling Tony D'Agostino. He's the only one I can think of who might have it. Since it's already painted, maybe hold off a while on fixing the holes until you see if you luck into some. I'll see Steve Ivester at Rockingham next Saturday, so I'll ask him if he has any. If he does, I'll PM you his number.
Yes please and thank you much

-
Back