Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1972 Dart Custom (4 Door)
Price: $2000 FIRM
Payment Methods Accepted: Deposit by PayPal - Balance in person by CASH

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AD

I bought this back in 2011, and daily drove it for a bit. I bought it from the original owner's nephew, near Birmingham. Interior is near perfect, except 1 split in the seam on the driver's side of the bench. I sat down too fast when it was super cold. The carpet is faded too, but that's it. Exterior is a 20/20, but very rust free. The guy I got it from said his Aunt scraped both sides at different times going in and out of the garage, so they've been repainted. One piece of molding on the RR door was put on upside down. The car has 59k original miles. It's a Slant Six, automatic. Power Disk Brakes (last year for optional Kelsey-Hayes front disks), Manual Steering, WORKING Factory Air. It doesn't get super cold, but there must be just enough R12 left in it to get it going. I've replaced the master cylinder/booster in the past, but saved the originals. Same with the heater control valve, and I believe the shocks I took off of it are original as well. It comes with a new-in-box gas tank. The original keeps spitting out rust flakes. I also have a rebuild kit for the carb, but wasn't gonna do that until the tank was replaced. The car has sat in the garage and hasn't been driven on the street for a few years, but is regularly started. Last time I started it, it seemed to have a bad miss. I assumed it was plugs/wires, but replaced them, and still there. I assume it's that I never adjusted the valves, so I'll see if I can get time to check and make sure, but the car sounded like a sewing machine the time I started it before that, then the miss, so no other real explanation. The small-bolt Rally wheels aren't original to this car. It originally had the 14" steel wheels with poverty caps. I no longer have the original wheels, but do have the caps. I do have the original Polyglas spare. I also have the original window sticker, owner's manual, some vintage road maps from Texaco and American gas stations, and even a rain bonnet that I assume the original owner kept in the car. As pictured, and as is common on cars with this old wide chrome window trim, there's some slight bubbling around all four lower corners on the front and rear windshields. The one on the RR does leak through into the trunk, but is NOT rotted. Basically, both windshields need to be pulled out, clean up the channels, and reinstalled. When I got it, the seller had already pulled the drain plug in the trunk, and sprayed it with primer. No rot at all in the trunk floors, or anywhere else. Like I said, the car has been garaged since I've had it, but of course having small kids since then, and just life, I never got around to finishing it the way I'd like to. This car needs very little. Even with the miss, it will start and can be driven onto a trailer. I had somebody ask me if he could fly in and drive it home. If it didn't have the miss, maybe, but you'd have to have a case of fuel filters because of the rust coming out of the tank, and the tires are old. Anywho, I need to finally let this old girl go to somebody that will actually do something with it. I'm happy to take whatever pictures or video you like of the car. The car is currently outside in the driveway, as a guy was going to buy it, then backed out. It has a doule heavy tarp on it. The price is $2000 Firm. Car is located in Sharpsburg, GA 30277, about half an hour SW of the Atlanta airport.

20160417_185449.jpeg

20160417_185504.jpg

20160417_185523.jpeg

20160417_185536.jpeg

20160417_185555.jpeg

20160417_185614.jpeg

20160417_185628.jpeg

20160417_185640.jpeg

20160417_185941.jpg

20160417_190035.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.