1972 Dart Rear Filler Panel

-

Terry Claunch

72 Dart
Reaction score
I am wanting to replace the rear filler panel that fits between the rear window and the trunk. Any advice before I get started would be appreciated. I do have a new panel on order from Classic Industries. Thanks!

No help here as I’ve never done it but it’s nice to know classic industries sells one because I need one also. How is the quality of their part?

I think that's called the dutchman panel......not 100% sure. Let us know the quality when you get it. I didn't even know anyone offered that.

I think that's called the dutchman panel......not 100% sure. Let us know the quality when you get it. I didn't even know anyone offered that.
Rusty, yes sir, that’s the Dutchman panel. That’s what I’ve heard it called mostly amongst car guys. But looking online I see it listed as a “deck filler panel” by retailers, in case anyone is searching for one FYI.

Hi, sorry to be so long getting back on here. Yes, I did get the deck filler panel and it was a quality piece. I do have it installed now and the fitment was great. I was very pleased with the panel and hope this is of help to others.

Hi, sorry to be so long getting back on here. Yes, I did get the deck filler panel and it was a quality piece. I do have it installed now and the fitment was great. I was very pleased with the panel and hope this is of help to others.
Did you take pictures?

IMG_20220322_074113585 (1).jpg

IMG_20220324_103039734.jpg

IMG_20220331_135942191.jpg

IMG_20220405_094833020.jpg

I tried to post the best pictures I had. I used panel bond for the installation instead of welding. That's why the one picture shows all the clamps.

I tried to post the best pictures I had. I used panel bond for the installation instead of welding. That's why the one picture shows all the clamps.
Thank you. Glad it was a solid product. This will help on my project. I just wish they (or anyone) made the lower window channel corners too. That’s going to be a pain.

-
Back