1972 Dart Swinger

-

HEMI_POWER

Reaction score
Ok so I may be picking up a '72 Dart project car and I was wondering what engine/trans I should run in it? I know a guy willing to sell me a 383 Mopar BB for $400, but it needs rebuilt. Should I just go with a 318/360 SB instead? Any input would be great! Thanks guys.

I love my 360, plus a big block would be a lot more costly to put in, but if you've got the funds and time...honestly off I had the funds to do it, I'd put a new model hemi in it. I am pretty sure they are a small block but I'm far from an expert in the subject. Look of an old car and the reliability of a new one. A guy in town said you can buy an intake and caburate them and get rid of all the computer stuff that way. ( and have the carbureted sound)

Well, what are ur plans for the car? Do u want a nice cruiser or something that screws? How much money u plan on spending? How fast do u want it done? What drive train is in it now? If no engine, what cross member?

Well, what are ur plans for the car? Do u want a nice cruiser or something that screws? How much money u plan on spending? How fast do u want it done? What drive train is in it now? If no engine, what cross member?

I haven't looked at it in person yet, but hopefully the guy sends me the VIN today. I would want something I can drive on the street, but let it loose every once in a while. Kind of a sleeper car if you would. It's definitely a budget build since I have a lot of funds tied up in my 2014 Ram.

I love my 360, plus a big block would be a lot more costly to put in, but if you've got the funds and time...honestly off I had the funds to do it, I'd put a new model hemi in it. I am pretty sure they are a small block but I'm far from an expert in the subject. Look of an old car and the reliability of a new one. A guy in town said you can buy an intake and caburate them and get rid of all the computer stuff that way. ( and have the carbureted sound)

The new 5.7 Hemi is an awesome engine for sure. I'm thinking about doing a 360. My brother has one out of a 1999 Ram 1500. Is there a way to carburate a late model Magnum 5.9 so I don't have to worry about the computer?

Ok so I got the VIN back and it already has a 318 in it with the Automatic. Now it comes down to negotiating a price lol.

-
Back