1972 Dart Window Adjustment Help

-

DiPalo

Reaction score
I was looking for some help adjusting my rear quarter windows, and came across A Bodies only.com forum. Nice website. After using the search button, I didn't quite find what I was looking for, and I was hoping to get some help.

I have a 1972 Dart Swinger/6. It is / was a 1 owner, 100% original Florida car with A/C, no rust, vinyl top, baby blue, never in a accident, ect... just a right place at the right time buy.

Anyway, I just had the vinyl top removed and the car painted, as it was faded and the vinyl was shrinking and tearing.

Long and short, I replaced the weather seals above the door glass, (Metro, I am finding info on here they suck) and changed the nylon rollers on the quarter window regulators. I am having a hard time finding any instructions on how to adjust the rear window.

Its close after several days on and off, but not quite right. Also the rear window does not have a frame, its glass with frame where it meets the front door glass. I searched on line for the service manual, with this issue, with no help. I purchased a Haynes manual, and it has everything but the rear quarter glass.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. It is a tremendous help. :D

Thank you, I am about to re-install the assemblies in mine (before I put the quarters on). I can't even imagine drying to assemble that mess down inside with only the slot on top & the hole down below for access. I had a hard enough time with it out on a bench.

Thank you, I am about to re-install the assemblies in mine (before I put the quarters on). I can't even imagine drying to assemble that mess down inside with only the slot on top & the hole down below for access. I had a hard enough time with it out on a bench.
I did it and it was a major pain in the ***.

-
Back