1972 Demon grill, screw question.

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for the size of 4 screws that go over and under the headlights on a 72 Demon. There are two on each headlight to hold the grill on, I also need two of the "slip nuts" for the same location.

Thanks
Tom

Sorry for the duplicate thread.

Hi, I'm looking for the size of 4 screws that go over and under the headlights on a 72 Demon. There are two on each headlight to hold the grill on, I also need two of the "slip nuts" for the same location.

Thanks
Tom

Sorry for the duplicate thread.

This is what I found on that.
All Purpose Plastic Nut, # 8 Screw Size, 5/16" Square hole ... 1967 Dodge Dart Headlamp Bezels .... 1972 Dart, Demon Grill Assembly with Headlamp Bezels.
I get the nylon inserts at Autozone.

Classic Industries carries the whole grill and bezel attaching set for about 30 bucks, but when I went to the site and looked they don't tell you the individual screw sizes.

1972 Dodge Dart Parts | MN3074 | 1972 Dart/Demon - Grill Hardware Set (47 Pieces) | Classic Industries

This is my suggestion if you just want a couple of screws without buying a 30 set.
Put a piece of tape over the nut hole to stop a small rod, put your bezel up where it goes and measure how deep the rod goes when it hits the tape.
Add 1/4 to 1/2 inch and get number 8 oval head stainless sheet metal screws that long.
Go to Autozone and get the multi sizes nylon slip nut set off the help wall.

This is what I did with the Wifes 72 Dart (Which has the same grill and bezels as the 72 Demon)

Last edited:
Trailbeast, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to do the same as you did.

Thanks
Mr.FT

-
Back