-
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_depetro

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is our 1972 Dodge Dart. It has a 1974 Dodge 360 4-bbl. engine in it and runs strong. The transmission shifts great and everything functions as it is suppose to (wipers, lights, transmission, engine, heater...). The speedo acts "a little crazy" at 50+ MPH and the fuel gauge doesn't work anymore (used to so it's probably a connection.
The car is originally a 318 V8 car. I had an original 1974 Dodge truck with only 53,000 original miles laying around so I used the drivetrain out of that truck for this Dart. It now has a very peppy LA small block 360 cubic inch engine and a TorqueFlite 727 3-speed automatic transmission. It fires right up, runs good, and sounds like a dragster. The carburetor (Holley 650cfm) needs to be gone through, but I have driven it as is. I also just replaced the rear main seal and changed the oil/filter. It has brand new Hooker Competition headers and new dual 3" exhaust with 3" flowmaster mufflers. The exhaust stops before the rear end. I have driven the car this fall and never had trouble with the law about the exhaust tone.
The car has electronic ignition and 1973+ front power disk brakes with brand new calipers, new brake pads, and very nice/thick (almost new) original rotors. I also installed new brake hoses and all (4) ball joints are brand new MOOG pieces. The bushings and rest of the front end is all in great shape. The car has a small rear end. The car has large bolt pattern (5 x 4.5").
It has power steering with a very nice steering box.
The body is very solid, however the lower quarters have been patched and could use some patches or replacement in the fututre if restoration is your intention. The interior is in good shape too. The drive side of the front bench seat will need some new foam and to be recovered. The windshield is cracked, and the rest of the glass is nice.
The car had brand new front 195/70R-14 tires! The rear tires are about 70% (235/60R-14).
The car will come with a very nice front valance panel, front bumper, and your choice of the 1971 grille that is currently in the car or a mint 1972 grille.
The car was originally yellow and the previous own started switching it over to plum crazy purple. He cobbled up a lot of stuff which I have since corrected.
wrench.gif

Cleaning everything up and body & paint work is about all that is left.

$1,650.00

[email protected]
daniel_depetro @yahoo.com (without the space before the @)
(906) 273-0256

The car is located in Marquette, MI 49855
I can haul the car anywhere in the lower 49 states for a reasonable fee. Transport fees must be paid in full before I will haul the car.

The first two phtos are a from about a year ago. I'll get some more updated/completed ones very soon.

dscf1001uc2.jpg

dscf1003mg3.jpg

Interior: I replaced this windshield, however the new one has since cracked as well (but not this bad).
dartinterioros6.jpg

This is the engine bay. (The supercharger, supercharger aluminum intake, supercharger brackets & pulleys, serpintine belt, Holley 750cfm carb, and aluminum radiator are not included with the sale and have already been removed.)

dsc00959zw3.jpg

Yes it is!

It is currently licensed and we started to drive it after we sold the 1973 Dart Sport about two months ago. The county started laying salt on the roads about a week ago so we are not driving it anymore and would like to sell it. We pull it in and out of the shop almost everyday for the duration of business hours On slow days and at night it stays inside.

so it was plum crazy originally?
No. It was originally a yellow car.

whats the deal with the back seat? i see something in the rear window
Those are extra bucket seats out of another newer car for one of the other hot rods. They are not included.

also,just for kicks,how much $$$$$$$ would it cost for ya to haul it to nc,28365 to be specific?
Wow 1,210+ miles one way! I'd quote $1,550.00. Now if you were really patient and worked with me I could probably do it quite a bit cheaper. It would require me to find a paying load for at least part of the return trip.

i wonder what it would cost to fly out there,and drive it back?Would be a heck of a road trip.Would you trust the car that much?

It has no problems, but anything could happen. I honestly thought about driving it down there and flying home, but I'd have to bring a buddy (or my father or wife) just in case and it would cost just as much as hauling it there and I would not be able to haul anything home on an airplane.

not sure how much airfare is, but if you could fly here and drive it home that would be the cheapest way to get it there. You could also wait it out on uship.com I have got lucky on there everytime I needed to ship something, although sometimes I've had to wait a long, long time and even then it's a scramble as shippers usually call me the day before when they can't get any other loads. This leaves you scrambling to get ahold of the seller to make sure he will be around. The good news is I am always around and the car is alwasy easy to get at.
I am willing to pick up the buyer at the airport to save wasting money on a cab.

I'll take the wheels off it and re-balance them as well. They didn't shake, but I haven't had it done so I'd feel better. The speed limits are only 55 here and I have ran it up to some good speeds, however I have never cruised at 80 mph for a couple hours stright like you can on the interstates. If I were driving it home I would just be mindful of the rpms as the 1:1 final drive in these mopars aren't exactly interstate cruising friendly. Although the rear gears are only like a 2.76:1 - 2.94:1 so it should do as good as any.
If I were you and I was driving it back that far I'd also change the fuel filter, air filter, plugs, plug wires, ditributor cap, distributor rotor, and thermostat when you're here before you leave. This may pay for itself by the time you made it home. I have lots of tools and could do it for you if you'd like. I could even get the parts at shop cost or bring your own. None of this would have to be done, but if it were me I'd like the peace of mind knowing it was done.

I just flew from Texas to Washington to pick up an 88 Tbird Turbo Coupe and drive it back. Flight to Portland, $210. Gas, about $150. 3 nights motel stay, about $230. Food, probably another $60. Total cost under $700.

I had no problems with the car, and averaged about 28mpg. But it was a 2000 mile trip.

Your results may vary

Oh yeah. The shipping quote was $875

yea,well,lets see if i can talk the wife outta the cash now,lol.If it were closer to home,i know it would be a done deal,but i gotta factor in the getting here costs and all.My buddy is going out to nebraska in december,and he always brings a car back on the car trailer,so i know i can get a deal on getting it back,but it still not gonna be dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back