1972 dodge dart vinyl top trim fastners

-
That looks like a different year than mine, but it takes stud fasteners.i put in the link for the ones you need from ebay! I hope it works.... those are the ones I got and I'm very happy with them!

Huh... Those are the ones I have, buy they are too small for the holes, but even if they were the right size, how would you attach the speed nuts?

The nuts should cut their own threads, if you're talking about reaching up into the sail area to attach them, I'm not sure there.. My dart uses plastic clips in that area. Anybody else have any ideas?

The nuts should cut their own threads, if you're talking about reaching up into the sail area to attach them, I'm not sure there.. My dart uses plastic clips in that area. Anybody else have any ideas?

Yes, the sail panel is what I dont understand how they attach. Did yours have studs on the body? I believe I need some screws that attach a plastic clip for the sail panel area. Just not sure where to get those.

Last edited:
Mines a 70 Dart. So what plastic clips did you use on the studs?

I'm thinking the correct plastic clips with the metal screws will do it. I didn't have a chance to call RT today. I will try tomorrow.

Mines a 70 Dart. So what plastic clips did you use on the studs?

I'm thinking the correct plastic clips with the metal screws will do it. I didn't have a chance to call RT today. I will try tomorrow.
Go to classic industries, checkout part number MN1863 let me know if that helps!

That is the set I already have. I need the plastic clips that you used for your studs. Where did you get those?
I ordered them off ebay, but had to trim the to fit by hand. And then they ended up really not wanting to fit anyway. I used some old ones I was given to attach what I could. Since my top is painted, I'm not too worried about the strength of the clips. I'm not sure where to find those new that fit right, most people just grind off the stud and drill a hole and use the stud fastener in those places as well. I may go that route if my clips fail! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

I ordered them off ebay, but had to trim the to fit by hand. And then they ended up really not wanting to fit anyway. I used some old ones I was given to attach what I could. Since my top is painted, I'm not too worried about the strength of the clips. I'm not sure where to find those new that fit right, most people just grind off the stud and drill a hole and use the stud fastener in those places as well. I may go that route if my clips fail! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

No worries! I would do that, I just don't think I can get behind the sail panels, due to the headliner being in already. I'll call RT today and see what he says.

Well I called RT Specialties and he said they don't reproduce them, so you have to get creative. :(

He thought you might be able to access those sail panel holes through the quarter via the rear door panel. If the headliner was out, it wouldn't be an issue, but that isn't gonna work.

Anyone else have this problem?

-
Back