Status
Not open for further replies.

monoptn

Mopar Aficianado
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is my 1972 Dodge Demon. I purchased this car in the winter of 2006 from the original owner, who got it as a gift upon graduation from high school. With the car comes its complete repair history, including brake, muffler, oil changes, and tune-ups. This Demon wears its original B3 Petty blue color, and has had one repaint. It came equipped with a 225 slant six, automatic 904 trans, 7 ¼ inch rear, and power steering.

When I got the car, I immediately removed the powertrain and most of the interior. The quarters had light rust, so we cut out the rust and installed patch panels, and blended the paint. I added stripes, a reproduction hood scoop, and 15 inch Crager SS wheels. Inside, I replaced the seat covers with covers from Legendary, and a new headliner, package tray, and front door panels. The body is very solid with virtually no rust. It's all solid – quarters, rocker panels, and trunk.

With the 225 out, I cleaned and repainted the engine compartment. Where the 225 once rested a warmed over 360 now lives. I found a solid 360 block and had it machined and built at a local and very reputable machine shop. It is a basic build, .30 over, Edelbrock AirGap, and an Edelbrock 750 carb with electric choke. The 904 transmission was rebuilt at the same time as the motor. The motor and trans have a couple of typical leaks – a couple drops of oil overnight, and a teaspoon of transmission fluid. The cam has a nice lope, but is very streetable, and the engine exhausts through Heddman Hedders, and flowmasters. The exhaust was replaced new from front to back, and the cam and headers, and exhaust work well together to produce a really nice sound. Finally, I replaced the old 7 ¼ pegleg with an 8 ¾ 3.23 Suregrip. This car runs very well and pulls hard – I ran an 8.75 1/8th mile a few years ago, and I am confident it would do it again if you can get it to hook up! What does it need? Transmission leaks a tad, apparently from around the tailshaft. The bumper chrome is thin, but serviceable.

This Demon is a real nice driver with an exceptionally solid body, and a mechanically sound drive train. It's a fun car to hop in on Saturday afternoon, or even drive to work occasionally. In fact, I actually drove it 830 miles round trip to the Mopar Nationals in 2007 without a hitch.

Click here for over 75 pictures.

PM me for more information. $13,500 takes it home.

Attachments

• demon11.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 978
Bump-that's a good lookin' Demon-and a pretty fair price. If I had the surplus, I'd buy it for my Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back