1972 Duster 340 garage find

-
Sorry for the same question twice didn't think it posted. Thanks again for info ����. Tag hasn't been touched so far as I can tell the way it is surface rusted around edge.. ??...

Dave you were correct! After looking at the tag and removing it I found that it had been flipped around and put on upside down. Paint fade lines matched up and I found some gasket glue on bottom side of tag to keep it in place. I put it back the right way thanks !

Someone removed it for what ever reason and installed it back wrong I guess. Can you post a nice, large readable photo of the build sheet? Thanks!

Put a little elbow into cleaning up the engine bay. Happy to see how solid it was under battery tray with no rust issues at. Original engine bay paint still got a little shine to it. Wiper motor in good shape as well. I'm thinking of pulling the motor to regasket it, valve job and seals and clean it up as well. I can't stand it looking so dirty lol blast the manifolds and paint them as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 508
Looks pretty damn good to me, good job.....You should try and hit up Paul for the moldings. Maybe he didn't butcher them when he removed them since they were only adhesive type I believe.

I thought something was up since my 72 doesn't have DUSTER badges on the fenders but its because my car was a side stripe car. That's when he told me he had removed the molding and added the stripes. I also brought up the fact that the Rallye Wheel Center Caps were not correct for 72 on the car. He contested that fact but I'm pretty sure the caps are correct for pre 1972 cars. No big deal.

After seeing the after cleaning the car up pics I'm now regretting not taking the car home myself.....hahaha

Good Luck with it. Where in CT are you?

Eastern part of the state - colchester area ! I'm going to give Paul a shout and see if he does thanks !

Nice car saw it at lake compounce. I was confused about the 70/71 tail lamps and the 71 side stripe but still a great deal you will have fun with it I'm sure good luck!

look what's back on craigslist.
still a nice looking car for $12k.

I saw it last night myself. A couple thousand more for a nice detail job. Still has rear main seal leak. $$$$$$$$

I didn't buy the car. I looked at it a couple months ago and didn't buy it for the asking price then. Now its a couple thousand more for the same car cleaned up. I'm in it for the love of the car. There are a lot of people out there who see them as dollar signs only and don't get attached. There's nothing wrong with it....I get attached to my cars and get sad when they leave and I get happy when I get them.....just saying.

Man you guys are a rough crowd...I have been struggling with keeping the car because I love it, or selling it due to personal reasons. I love the cars for the cars as well and don't need the extra 2 grand, I make a very good living. But I do feel the car is worth it and refuse to give it away. If I don't sell the car I will put some time and money into it and fix what needs to be done. I'm just a guy that likes the hobby, and visit these sites hoping to talk about it with likewise positive minded individuals....

Man you guys are a rough crowd...I have been struggling with keeping the car because I love it, or selling it due to personal reasons. I love the cars for the cars as well and don't need the extra 2 grand, I make a very good living. But I do feel the car is worth it and refuse to give it away. If I don't sell the car I will put some time and money into it and fix what needs to be done. I'm just a guy that likes the hobby, and visit these sites hoping to talk about it with likewise positive minded individuals....

I couldn't afford to keep more than one hobby car at a time, currently car less, which means I have a lot of "I wish I still had that car memories". There are a lot of cars on Craigslist that people obviously bought just to flip, they don't even bother taking a picture of the car taken off the trailer. Stuff like that turns people (including me) into car flipper haters. Wish you were closer, I think the car is still a bargain and would love to have a 340 Duster.

-
Back