-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Country

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello FABO - I've been away for a couple years - need to part with my amazing Duster. It's very difficult to describe in a few short sentences, everything this car represents, the many years of care, thought and effort it took to build, and all the parts that have been replaced, rebuilt or restored, but I will try. AND this is no race car, never been used as a race car or abused!

Engine: see the pics. 408 Stroker, custom grind solid cam, roller rockers, RPM heads, all forged Eagle bottom end, 10.1 forged pistons, Kevco pan, ATI Super Damper….etc. It was dyno-tuned to get the carbs just right with this cam and made: 429 rwhp/ 436 rwtq (around 510 crank hp). Engine is like new, very streetable and has perhaps 2,000 'adult' miles.

It's a 4-spd car, with all new 'everything', trani is the original and was completely rebuilt by previous owner, and 'refreshed' when I purchased the car. About 3 years after finishing the build (maybe 1800 miles), I got a wild hair and did a complete swap to an auto setup; 727 Tq Flt that was built for street/strip with all heavy duty performance parts, stall converter..etc. I saved, carefully wrapped and box ALL manual drive-train components (barely even broken in).

Totally new 8 3/4 rear with a Yukon Nodular Iron 489 3rd member with 3.73s, Eaton TruTrac, Dutchman axles..etc. Very strong, and less than perhaps 500 miles on it.

WAY too much to tell/list all that's been done, from all new brake lines, Firm-Feel steering box, new bumpers, drive shaft & U-joints, interior, paint...on & on.
Cost nearly $34K to build, just love this car, always get waves and thumbs up whenever it sees the road, which is very rare. In the last 2 years it's seen maybe 50 miles just to circulate the fluids. It has not seen rain since I've owned it - 10 yrs, garage kept under its cover on a battery-tender. I still have new in the box front rotors (5x4.5"), new 15" front slotted mags to install, which go with the car (nothing wrong with what's on there). I have very detailed records of the build, receipts, and tons of pictures. Whoever buys this will NOT be disappointed!

$23K / OBO.
Vancouver, Wa Thank you kindly.

Dust 1.jpg

Dust 2.jpg

Dust 3.jpg

Dust 4.jpg

Dust 5.jpg

Dust 6.jpg

Dust 7.jpg

Dust 8.jpg

I've been asked for pics of the: air cleaner, rear end, rear tires, and the undercarriage, so I'll attach what I think shows what they want to see. I found that I didn't have many pics of the belly of the car or the suspension. If folks want more pics, just let me know, and I'll take pics of whatever anyone wants. This car is looking for a new home, and one that will; use it vs being locked in a garage year round. List driven perhaps 3 months ago for 15 miles, just to get'r warmed up, keep the seals happy and circulate the fluids.

EDIT - I was in a hurry and attached some photos from an older folder - sorry. I've now attached photos from last summer. I've also included a couple pics regarding the 4 spd. Honest guys this is a terrific car. The tank has a proper sump, and yes the high volume Mallory electric pump is installed (drag setup), but capped. I have a mechanical pump on the engine (Holley).

1B.jpg

2B (2).jpg

3B (2).jpg

4B.jpg

4-SPD (2).JPG

5B (2).jpg

7B.jpg

9B.jpg

13B (2).JPG

Last edited:
I'm happy to say I had a great experience discussing my Duster with an interested fellow FABO member (riegerplumb).

In the end my beloved Duster found a new home clear across the country in Pennsylvania. "It is SOLD".

I will therefore mark this ad as SOLD, and thank all interested members who contacted me with their questions, compliments and offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back