-
Status
Not open for further replies.

C Body Dave

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For sale...1972 duster 340 4 spd car.2nd owner with clear title.Car is apart now and has been since 1993.car has some rust but have most parts for repair including:
1 nos entire L rear skin
2 nos front fenders
2 nos trunk extensions
1 nos rear bumper
4 nos wheel well mouldings chrome
1 nos (in box) sharkstooth grille
car has 166,000 original miles on it. original owner did put sunroof in it.
Heads were redone by local napa and are not on motor now. Doors are solid and open and shut just about perfect. Has 8-3/4 rear end.
Do not have original exhaust manifolds or radiator. Interior good
asking $5,500 or b/o
located in stewart mn

Attachments

• 177a.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 842
  • 178a.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 821
  • 179a.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 849
  • 180a.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 863
  • 181a.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 839
  • 182a.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 851
  • 184a.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 840
  • 188a.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 827
  • 189a.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 851
  • 191a.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 843
Wow, NOS sharktooth grille!!! I like the color combo. If you were closer I would love to look at this car........Could you post fender tag?

this looks like a great builder, some one should jump on this. i wish i had the cash, this would already be on my trailer. a pic of the fender tag or build sheet would go a long way. is this car gold with a green interior? that has got to be a rare combination

Here is the fender tag. New at this posting stuff and trying to find my way around.

Attachments

• fender tag.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 750
E55340-4 Barrel 69-73D21Heavy Duty 4-Speed Manual TransmissionVS29V = Plymouth Valiant / Duster
S = Special
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop

H2BH = 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
2 = 1972
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
201097Sequence Number '201097'GY3Paint Code: Citra Yella
B1F6Trim Grade/Style/Color
B = B Class
1 = Cloth and Vinyl Bench
F6 = Green
GF7Upper Door Frame: Dark Green MetallicA18Date Built: 10 / 18 / 197116876Order Number: 16876V1XRoof Type OR Color: Full Vinyl Top - BlackUBuilt to Specifications for USA OrderA88Interior Decour GroupG11Tinted Glass AllG37Left Hand Remote, Right Hand Manual Chrome MirrorsH31Rear Window Defogger - BlowerL25Trunk Compartment LightL31Hood / Fender Mount Turn SignalM21Roof Drip Rail MoldingsM25Wide Sill MoldingM31Belt & Hood MoldingN23Electronic Ignition 72 onlyN41Duel Exhaust w/o TipsN42Chrome Duel Exhaust TipsR11Music Master Radio AMV5XBlack - Mouldings - Protective Insert Body SideV8XTransverse Stripe - Black

Not rare by any means, but cool car never the less. No side stripe, but had the black molding on it. Tinted glass, but no ac and rear window defogger. I like the color combo, with the vinyl and cloth. Cool, very cool..... U said you are new to this. I sent a pm. Look at the top of the home page and you will see a note that you have a message.

Not rare by any means, but cool car never the less. No side stripe, but had the black molding on it. Tinted glass, but no ac and rear window defogger. I like the color combo, with the vinyl and cloth. Cool, very cool..... U said you are new to this. I sent a pm. Look at the top of the home page and you will see a note that you have a message.

That fender tag is a little hard to read, but I do think the exterior color code is GY8 = Gold Leaf Metallic.

I have a very similar car to this one, a 1971 340 Duster, with many of the same options, but substitute a 727 instead of a 4 speed.

This is a great start for someone (hint ...PLot..where are you??!!) and a very good deal with the good parts included...

"That fender tag is a little hard to read, but I do think the exterior color code is GY8 = Gold Leaf Metallic".

Yep you are right. i put it as a three not an eight.

"That fender tag is a little hard to read, but I do think the exterior color code is GY8 = Gold Leaf Metallic".

That green interior on a GY8 car has be to a small number ...

Here is a picture of my pile...

Attachments

• Mvc612f.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 698
Guys, when I said that this was not a rare car color wise, I was not cutting this car down. this is a very nice car, and i would love to own it. The color is the fourth most popular color sold on 72 dusters and it only came with four colors of interior if the exterior was gy3 gold. Black, black/white, green or gold, look at the charts. All of these cars seem rare today because you don't see many around anymore after 40 years.
I was a driving teenager when these car were new and green on green and gold with green interiors were everywhere. I am referring to all Dusters, 340 cars and grandma cars. I am thinking this car is more unusual because of the tinted glass and no a/c and also having a rear defroster.

Now again this car is an awesome resto project and would i love to bring this one back... Again just so there is no misunderstanding, sweet car. Good luck on the sale.

Attachments

• 1972_page_50.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 688
  • 73_Plymouth_advance_Info0012.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 708
all im saying is a 1972 340 duster with the gold exterior and green interior is definately a seldom seen combo these days. Vs29H1B you have a beautiful duster.

I d buy this car if I didn't t have my demon project. Lotta potential. Lots of good parts.

For sale...1972 duster 340 4 spd car.2nd owner with clear title.Car is apart now and has been since 1993.car has some rust but have most parts for repair including:
1 nos entire L rear skin
2 nos front fenders
2 nos trunk extensions
1 nos rear bumper
4 nos wheel well mouldings chrome
1 nos (in box) sharkstooth grille
car has 166,000 original miles on it. original owner did put sunroof in it.
Heads were redone by local napa and are not on motor now. Doors are solid and open and shut just about perfect. Has 8-3/4 rear end.
Do not have original exhaust manifolds or radiator. Interior good
asking $5,500 or b/o
located in stewart mn

is this a #'s matching engine and trans??? SWEET!

I do not see where this fender tag is hard to read , pic looks great to me , i would get your glasses on .Great buy here N O S Grille gotta be worth close to 1000 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back