-
Status
Not open for further replies.

79JON

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale is my 1972 Plymouth Duster. It is has the 225 c.i. Slant six with a 904 auto and a 7.25 rear end. Power steering, Power DISC brakes. The car originally had bucket seats and console, but were removed and replaced with a bench and column shifter and linkage. It was originally a baby light blue color with a vinyl top and black interior. It's all pretty much the same except the decklid and right fender were replaced with much more solid panels (red fender, and purple decklid)

BODY:
Over all the body is pretty solid. I have POR 15'd every floor panel and all the floor panels are real solid. The only hole is one the size of a nickel on the driver floor. But wouldn't be much to patch that. The Trunk floor for the most part is real solid as well and I POR 15'd the top and underside of that as well. It has a few pin-holes here and there in the spare tire area. Frame rails are all Solid. As for the body panels, The right real quarter panel is the worst part of the whole car. It has a good size dent on the wheel well and has some bubbling and rust holes on the lower portion. The tail panel could be patched up but might need a new panel. The only other holes are on the roof where the seam is where the quarter panel and roof meet. But that wouldnt any problem to fix that and put a new vinyl top on. Other than that, the rest of the panels are pretty straight and solid.

DRIVETRAIN:
The slant six runs very good and feels strong. Does not smoke one bit. I have put pretty much new everything on that engine except for the bottom end. Here is a list of what was done and new parts. All new gaskets including Headgasket. NEW timing chain, waterpump, fuel pump, starter, rebuilt carb, battery, battery cables, Power steering pump w/new power steering pump hose, belts, upgraded to electronic ignition with new plugs, wires, and blue box. New V8 Radiator with new hoses and thermostat. New master cylinder. I replaced the entire fuel system with all new parts including New Gas tank, sending unit, and fuel lines from tank to carb. Like I said before, the motor fires right up and runs great. The transmission is original never been rebuilt and it does NOT have reverse. But I'm including another slant 6 904 auto with the car. The rear end is stock and I replaced the oil with a new def. cover gasket. The car has power disc brakes up front and drums in the rear. The whole brake system needs to be gone through before it goes on the road. The only thing ive done to the brakes is put a new master cylinder on. The car will drive around the yard no problem and stop. But before it goes on the road it will need some attention.

INTERIOR
The interior is pretty much what you see in the picture. The bench seat and rear seat are actually in pretty good shape. It was originally green but spray died black. Fold down arm rest with head rest as well. But it will need your typical interior stuff, carpet, door panels, etc.

This would be the perfect starter car for someone new in the hobby with most of the mechanical stuff fixed. I hate to get rid of it but need to move it out to fund my other Duster project. $2200 obo.

100_2605.jpg

100_2589.jpg

100_2583.jpg

100_2582.jpg

Im sorry for leaving that useful piece of into out haha but the car is located in the Jackson, MS area.

don't know how to word this, but does that have two heater core inlets?

Look on the fire wall next to the two black heater core hoses, and there are two more, one on top of the other. one a bit bigger than the other.

???

Phil

don't know how to word this, but does that have two heater core inlets?

Look on the fire wall next to the two black heater core hoses, and there are two more, one on top of the other. one a bit bigger than the other.

???

Phil
the two outlets in the picture are for the factory A/C

Thats correct.. those were for Factory AC. I removed all the AC components when I took the engine apart.

I couldnt help but notice the hole in the floor on the hump, was this a floor shifter?

Yes.. this car was originally a Auto on the floor with console and buckets. But it has since been converted to a column shift auto with a bench seat.

Thanks.. I cant give it away.. I guess I gotta keep at it. Listing it everywhere

Just sent you a private message, very intrested, how can we get in contact with you?

solid car man, good luck with the sale! wish you were closer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back