Status
Not open for further replies.

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is my 1972 Plymouth Scamp. Light Green, with green interior. Originally a vinyl top car, which was removed. Three owner California car with no meaningful body rust. A few minor rust pinholes found in trunk, but can be easily repaired with a trunk pan. 46,500 original miles. Left rear quarter panel was repaired due to incident with wrong way driver a few years back. Very straight car with relatively recent paint job. Front and rear bumpers are straight, but need to be re-stamped for perfect shine. All electrical is in perfect working order, all gauges work, all lighting works. Interior in good shape, with a small wear tear on drivers side of split bench. Green interior. Original a/c car, with late model Sanden compressor. Works great and blows very cold, but the controls need a new vacuum control box. Found for $50 online. Heat works great and no leaks from heater core.

Powertrain consists of original 318, with later model closed chamber #302 heads. Comp 260H cam, Edelbrock 1406 electric choke on Edelbrock performer intake. Timing cover has a very small leak in upper right corner. A brand new timing cover and Fel Pro gasket set in included for eventual repair. Motor runs very good and has plenty of torque for a nice driver/cruiser. The transmission is a rebuilt 904, with a 2100 stall converter built by West Coast converters and a Trans Go shift improver kit. Shifts and operates excellent. Rear is currently the original small 7 ¼” rear, with highway friendly 2.76 gears. If I were keeping the car, an upgrade to the easy to find and cheap 8 ¼” rear with 3.21 gears was a direction I would take. Exhaust consists of full (from manifolds back) TTI exhaust, with Dynomax VT mufflers. Brakes operate well, with front discs. Master cylinder and booster are fairly new and leak free. Suspension consists of all recently replaced bushings throughout the front, as well as addition of a Firm Feel sway bar. Handles great rides nice. Wheels are 14” x 7” Rallye wheels with BFG 215/70/14 tires. All tires have great tread and regularly rotated.

All and all, this is an excellent Mopar cruiser that I would not be afraid to jump in and drive anywhere, especially with the few minor repairs that I have mentioned to make it even better. Recently drove it 650 miles back and forth from LA to Vegas for Mopars at the Strip and ran flawlessly. It looks great and gets a lot of complements and smiles. Scamps are lower in numbers out there compared to other A-Body Chryslers and only seem to be getting more difficult to find. This one looks great and fits the bill as a nice cruiser. The only reason for sale is to move onto another vehicle/project. Sold as is.

$8000 or very best offer.

Located in Southern California, north of Los Angeles.
Pick up preferred, if purchased. Delivery charges are not included in cost. With a newborn on the way soon, I do not have the time to personally set up delivery to buyer, unfortunately. Please message with any interest or more pictures. Thank you!

Attachments

• scamp3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,087
  • scamp9.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 961
  • scamp8.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 952
  • scamp6.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 971
  • scamp5.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 969
  • scamp4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 970
  • scamp1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 965
  • scamp10.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,000
  • scamp2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 976
I should mention that the title is in my name and clear. I do have some driving videos on hand that can be emailed upon request.

Here is an inside shot of all gauges working with engine fully warmed up.

Attachments

• scamp11.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 642
go to the top of this page and in the dark bar you will see Tools, click on it and mark this thread closed please, thank you .. Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back