1972 Valiant rolling resto!

-

crazyswede

Reaction score
Well i thought it was time to post a thread about the old junk :)
Its a 1972 valiant 225/904/8 3/4" that i got my hands on in 2009. Since then i been focusing on the mechanical and havnt really payed attention to the looks up until now. Been changing all the bad parts over the years that was really crap when i got it. Now its time to pay attention to some minor rustissues and it will also get a fresh coat of paint in the near future. getting utterly tired of that faded gold now.

A few pics as it stands right now
IMG_0437_zpsuz47qird.jpg

IMG_0438_zpsixfphzey.jpg

IMG_0436_zpszkxddgk0.jpg

Installed another carburator a couple of weeks ago and it runs like a charm. Also got new rubber all around last week.

Next on the list is rebuilding rear brakes wich i hope arrive during the upcoming week then im just gonna drive for a while and in august its off to a friends garage for paint.

Well life got in the way as usual so i havnt got around to paint it yet. But now the paint is ordered atleast and hopefully within the next month or so its off to the garage for some work. I went for a 1960:s volvo original colour wich is called "graphite grey". Pics will come as soon as its on:)

Paint is home and the next weekend im off to a friends garage for paint. Also picked up 4 slotmags today. Just need some spacers for it. Cant wait to post some freshly painted pics :)

Well finally some fresh photos from last weekend. Intense work to paint a car in 3 days but resting is for dead people!

Some sanding

Primed and ready for paint

A bit of volvo graphitegrey

Unmasked

First time out in the sun

hey hey - that came out great! I dig those rear view mirrors! Looks better without the fog lights too.

Thanks. Yeah foglights were fugly. Also the grill got a coat of black. Turned out nice i think. Just waiting for my decals for the rear quarters now.

Last edited:
As it sits right now. Next on the list is the wheelspacers so i can get my slotmags on it!

-
Back