ScampMike

Despicable Damn Yankee
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I have a set of heads off of a 73 340.
I am asking $300 for them
I am located in the Greenfield Mass. area and will not ship these - local pick up or limited delivery area only.
These heads have been in storage for many years and will need some attention before use - there is some rust. I did have them rebuilt but again, they have been sitting.

100_4472.JPG

100_4473.JPG

100_4476.JPG

100_4477.JPG

What size valves? I shipped a head in a USPS flat rate box for $20. One head per box. Just saying.

What size valves? I shipped a head in a USPS flat rate box for $20. One head per box. Just saying.
These are 1.88" intake, 1.60" exhaust. Interesting.. did they get there ok? I guess if someone wants to take that chance I would do it.

These are 1.88" intake, 1.60" exhaust. Interesting.. did they get there ok? I guess if someone wants to take that chance I would do it.
I only shipped one head and yes, it got there in great shape. I did wrap a thin layer of foam sheeting around it and made sure the box ends were stuffed with foam so it wouldn't slide up and down inside the box. Another FABO member ships them all the time in these boxes, and he was the guy that advised me in this method.

What flat rate box? Never seen one that big. I would like to know because I have about 6 sets I'm going to ship this summer.

What flat rate box? Never seen one that big. I would like to know because I have about 6 sets I'm going to ship this summer.
I just looked at their website and I didn't see it there. I recall that the small dimension was not quite big enough to fit the head it, but I bent the box a little and taped it up good. The boxes can be ordered and delivered to you for free, so order a few and see if they work for you. See this link, [SOLD] - Single 2.02 J Head where whitepunkonnitro said the flat rate large box shipped for $18 and change would work (and it did). The USPS website didn't seem to list this box size, but one of three local post offices had them in stock. There were two different large box sizes, but maybe they dropped the right one. Check with whitepunkonnitro to see if he still ships in the large flat rate boxes. Someone may still have some left in stock.

If not, forget I tried to help you.

Found it, 23x11x 3 is the only one that is close, the 3" part is going to be tight but I'm willing to give it a try. Just ordered 25, that's the only way you could get them.
It's called a game board box.

Found it, 23x11x 3 is the only one that is close, the 3" part is going to be tight but I'm willing to give it a try. Just ordered 25, that's the only way you could get them.
It's called a game board box.
I'd be interested to know if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back