1973 340 Wiring

-

340 RR

Reaction score
Hello. I’m having some difficulty determining where different electrical connections go. I have two of the same electrical connectors going to the two posts on the alternator and I have the battery cable sandwiched between a nut. As shown in one of the pictures attached, and circled in blue; I have a wire with a thin slip on connector, a small plug type wire, and a wire that seems to have been cut and I am not sure where any of these three are supposed to go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1716154101

View attachment 1716154102

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know, sorry about that

IMG_8928.jpeg

IMG_8923.jpeg

The red one with the black plug on it is the water temp gauge wire and it goes on the sending unit on the top right front of the intake. Looks like a brass nut with a screw sticking up out of it. You have the ones on your alternator in the right place. The green ones on the alternator can go on either spade on the back of the alternator....makes no difference. Those other 2 green wires "might" be horn wires. The horn wiring usually comes around the passenger side of the motor with the alternator and temp gauge wires and then runs over to the horns on the fenderwell. Rig a test light up to them one at a time and see if the light comes on when you press the horn button.

-
Back