-
Status
Not open for further replies.

73Dartmang

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale is my NON-numbers matching 1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham. Originally the car was a 400 big block converted to a 440 from the second owner who I bought it from in NH. I am the third owner for the last 14 years. The car is originally from North Carolina. Years of paperwork from the original owner and myself have been kept (over 100's of receipts). The car has always been garaged and probably seen rain 10 times since I have owned it. The B5 blue paint on the car was done in 1985 by the original owner.. Over the years I have owned the car almost every mechanical component has been replaced. The car was used only during the summer months obviously..

The prior owner rebuilt the 440 bottom end up with a very tame build. New pistons,bearings,cam. As well as a freshening of the 727 Torqueflite. After a few years of owning the car I decided to pull the trigger and make some power upgrades. Basically everything you see in pictures was done by me. Other than the bottom end..

Motor

1977 8.5:1 compression 440
Carter 625 cfm Carburetor (Jetted with a golden tan plug reading)
Phenolic 1" spacer ported to match the Carters primaries and secondaries
Edelbrock Performer intake
Edelbrock RPM Performer Camshaft .480" Intake .495" Exhaust
March Pulleys
New Chrysler alternator
Double Roller Timing Chain
Milodon oil pan

2009 New MoPaR Distributor
New Moroso Spark plug wires
Accel Coil

Cylinder heads

Stock 1977's but..

Chromed rocker shafts with brand new 1.5 rockers
Custom cut push rods

Transmission

727 Torqueflite
Stock converter
B&M shift kit (nice firm shifts with no slippage. Chirps second if needed.)

Exhaust

Custom fabricated 1.75" headers with thick flanges. Made from a local race shop. $$$$ 3" pipes straight back into Flowmasters. Very loud and will raise the hair on the back of your neck..

Rear end

Originally 2:76 geared non Sure Grip
Now 3:55 geared Sure Grip fully rebuilt

Front end

Fully Rebuilt with new bushings

Misc
Chrome bumpers and bumperetes in very good condition!
New engine wiring harness
new brake pads
All original glass
Original 70's Cragar SS's
BF Goodrich T/A's

*Replaced stock hood with a date coded 1973 Rallye bulge hood. New Year one 440 Magnum badges and Year one Hood Pins.

This car was always pampered and never beat on. I had to work on it so I understood the value of not wailing my hard work. Very dependable and drove it all the time on the weekends for years. Nothing was done half ***. No funny wires, no goofy stuff.

Bad News

Time for a new oil pump. Pressure dropped on me this summer to 25psi while cruising. I stuffed it away and didn't have time for it. At the same time I pulled out the dipstick and the tube broke off on the base. Terrible two's?
Done correctly I would pop in some new motor mounts,new pump, new tube.

It developed some cancer in the drivers side rear wheel exterior skin. This was from winter storage when my father would take off wet boots and store them under the 1/4 panel..The rest of the car is very solid! Remember the last paint job was in 1985 from the original owner....

Needs a new dash as has cracked over the years.

Needs a new bench seat as it is torn and kinda sags on the drivers side when sitting. The purple seat cover has always been on the car and came from original owner. Cool retro plush cover. Always liked it and it saved the bench over the years. Rear seat is mint condition though..

$7000 No trades thanks

Please reply here if you are interested [email protected]

Im placing this add in a bunch of different places and wont be able to check all forums daily.

All photo's are here

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/ASSINDUSTRIES/1973%20dodge%20Charger%20440/

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.