Status
Not open for further replies.

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
Got a centerlink out of a 1973 Dart Sport 340 (mine). Glass bead blasted, sprayed cast iron. Really, really nice shape. I have one that was powdercoated, so I don't need this one anymore. Asking $40 plus shipping from 44413.

DSCF2515.jpg

interested metallidart...just wondering, what's the difference between this and a 72 down center link? If it helps any, i'm using a 70' k-member, 73 steering box and shaft, and 70' LCA's...

Man, I wish I had a 72 and earlier centerlink laying around. If I remember correctly, the earlier ones have the tie rod holes at a little bit of an angle, compared to these which are pretty much inline with everything else. If I can get to my dads, I'll snap a pic of the centerlink in his demon (which he won't sell back to me, original 72 340, just rusting away.). Or I'll try to find some pics on here.

I know your control arms and k member are fine together. I'm not positive, but I think if you are using the 73 ps box, you would need the 73 and up idler/pitman/centerlink/etc. Any body care to chime in on this?

..............the 72 down have the pitman and idler coming in from the bottom with the nut on top, 73 up come in from the top with the nut on the bottom....possibly flip it end for end and over may work, never tried it...kim.......

It is TOTALLY dependent on which pitman/idler combo you are using.

If you are using a 67-72 style, you need to use the 67-72 link. 73-76 pitman/idler, use a 73-76 centerlink. The link on 67-72 and 73-76 are all the same in reference to v8 and /6 cars, no difference unlike the 63-66 which had a specific v8 link.

You really can't flip it over because the link does have some drop to it. Flipping it will stuff it into the pan.

Here's a ref pic of the 67-72 and 73-76 style links.
Centerlinks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back