[WANTED] 1973 C-Body spindles wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why 73? I'm not sure,but I might have 78 c body around here somewhere...

73 CBod spindles are a one year only deal and getting difficult and expensive to come by now as they are used as a stock upgrade from drum to disk for earlier CBods.... just as 73-76 Abod spindle are on earlier ABods

I used a set on my e-body and would like another set for another project. Yep they are a one year only deal . I've heard they were also on some late 72 c-body's too

Yes I had heard the late 72's can be the same as the 73's.

If your looking for the bigger disks, why not just get the easier to find larger 75+ Cordoba caliper adapters (pin or slider) with matching 11" disks? ...they bolt right up to the A and E body spindles (or the 73+ B, R, F, M, J spindles too)

Yes I had heard the late 72's can be the same as the 73's.

If your looking for the bigger disks, why not just get the easier to find larger 75+ Cordoba caliper adapters (pin or slider) with matching 11" disks? ...they bolt right up to the A and E body spindles (or the 73+ B, R, F, M, J spindles too)

Just replaced this same set up, making my own big brake set up using Viper calipers.

Just replaced this same set up, making my own big brake set up using Viper calipers.

Oh? Then why the 73 CBody disk spindle? I thought the viper disk setup would be using the 73 ABody drum brake spindle? ...at least thats what I though I had read? (please someone correct me if I'm off base here)

Oh? Then why the 73 CBody disk spindle? I thought the viper disk setup would be using the 73 ABody drum brake spindle? ...at least thats what I though I had read? (please someone correct me if I'm off base here)

I like the taller spindle for the camber curve and the bigger/wider rotors and bearings.

So,I am wondering if there is ANY possible use for these 78 spindles,and brakes from a C body I have,other than pitching them in the muffler shops metal bin?

So,I am wondering if there is ANY possible use for these 78 spindles,and brakes from a C body I have,other than pitching them in the muffler shops metal bin?

That I dont know but I'm not that familliar with the CBody... perhaps another member may be good enought to chime in here?

Perhaps there may be an answer over on FCBO?

I know the c body spindle is too tall for an a body,but that's really all I know!

They use a bigger upper ball joint. You could use a sleeve to make it work on a smaller ball joint . The caliper mounts are different and do not interchange with the 73 or 72 and earlier.
http://pitstopusa.com/i-5066765-allstar-performance-ball-joint-adapter-bushing.html

Here are some drawings I made in this link.
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Nothing wrong with the '78 spindle kit for converting another "C" body of the '55?-69 variety. As another poster stated, due to lower ball joint differences yours are best suited to '66-69 "C" body conversions(I exclude 70 and later only because most of them came with disk brakes but your kit can be made to work with those as well). Just a hard sell in finding a customer for it. Sadly most of the "C" bodies being saved are not driver cars for fun and pleasure but "300'S" and other numbers cars where deviations from originality can effect collector value regardless of the vast improvement in drivability and safety disk brakes provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back