[SOLD] 1973 cater thermoquad electric choke assist rod and clip to hold to carburetor

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrroowwnn

never re member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for 1973 carter thermoquad electric choke assist rod and the clip to hold it to the carburetor...It is the rod that comes up from the well to the carburetor....the one I have now is too short and won't allow choke to close all the way.....Or if you have the whole entire choke with linkage that will work too....it should have the wire coming off to go to the electric assist on the manifold....to my knowledge no other rods work except thermoquads...the rest are too short...pm me if you have..thanks

........ur best bet just might be to buy a new assambly..........if ur stuck i have lots of used+the resistors.......i will have the clip as well..............kim.........

yeah, just thought somebody might have an assembly laying around not being used for cheap...

Why not just make one? Most any big lawn mower repair shop should have some rod they use for making linkage. I do it all the time when repairing lawn mowers.

I may have one. I KNOW I have a Thermoquad with that particular rod on it. Can you post a pic of the exact one you need? Or maybe you would know the correct one if you saw it?

I may have one. I KNOW I have a Thermoquad with that particular rod on it. Can you post a pic of the exact one you need? Or maybe you would know the correct one if you saw it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310354542265?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

here is a link to an entire choke assembly...I only need the rod and clip though....I bent one from a coat hanger that came out really good and I think it will work....I Just need a clip for it....those black ones with the 2 "c"s on them.....I have some but they are all from two barrels and slants and they wont work because the long part with c's on them are on the opposite side as the four barrel.....didn't realize there was difference in clips until I went to put it on

Boy, the newer junkyards are tough to even find a four barrel anymore to take a clip off....Most are two barrels with the other style clip....It appears the "power rams" had four barrels but all the regular rams had two barrel and slanties.....It also appears in 1986they went to a holley with electric choke setup....So past 1986 are no good....Checked the ram chargers too.....they probably had them but were gone already....

Do you see what you need here? I know the rod may be bent differently, but keep in mind, that is how you adjust the choke on these, so you bend accordingly. lol I also have several new clips. I will be glad to send you the rod and a new clip, too.

I thought about it right after I posted.....but this isn't the choke rod. It's the choke pull off rod. I am almost certain it is not long enough.....but if that's the clip you need, I have bunches of those.

Attachments

• DSCF2070.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 233
Do you see what you need here? I know the rod may be bent differently, but keep in mind, that is how you adjust the choke on these, so you bend accordingly. lol I also have several new clips. I will be glad to send you the rod and a new clip, too.

I thought about it right after I posted.....but this isn't the choke rod. It's the choke pull off rod. I am almost certain it is not long enough.....but if that's the clip you need, I have bunches of those.

thanks a lot stroker but no.....that rod goes back to the choke pulloff....the choke thermostat rod goes in the single hole in front of that....I made a rod from coat hanger.....just need the clip...has to be right hand style....(push on from the front of car to the back).....looks like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400187056475?ssPageName=STRK:null:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1429.l2649

Ok. Go to the parts store and ask for a Jesus clip. That's what they are called. Keep askin till you run into somebody that knows what you're talkin about.......they might have a pack of them on the "HELP" isle.

Jesus clip...huh, never heard them called that....I was thinking of maybe the help section...I will look tommorrow...thanks

Jesus clip...huh, never heard them called that....I was thinking of maybe the help section...I will look tommorrow...thanks

You are very welcome. I am sorry I was no more help. I would have gladly sent you what you needed if I had it.

The first 2 auto parts stores I went into didn't have them in their "help" isle.....So I went to one that had the largest selection of "help" parts in the area and they had one pack of assorted clips....So I got what I needed.....So I am going to give a shameless plug for A&A auto parts store for carrying these in their "help" isle.....thanks Joe Amato!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back