1973 Dart 340 Sport Project

-
Yep, it's factory. I'm building this one just like the one I bought new in October of 1972. My original one had those stripes.

Four years of work is almost done. Still need to fine-tune the front bumper - a 74 shock mount bumper using 73 brackets, a PITA to fit but I'm getting there. Can't install the rear seat until the new seat belts ordered from a member on here arrive - disappointing since I ordered them back in December. Still have to do an initial suspension setup, a general check-out of everything, but other than that the big stuff is finished. One paint area on the passenger C-pillar is messed up, the folks at Bay City will have to fix that. Waiting on my registration and tags. Had to do them online due to this virus deal, no telling how long it will take. Many thanks to members on here who answered my many questions. Check out the YouTube link below.

Replaced the Summit Turbo mufflers with Dynomax Super Turbos, 14" long. The Summits had a lot of drone but sounded nice outside. I also added an H pipe using the Summit kit. That kit is nice if you're thinking about adding the H pipe. Here's a sample of the sound with the Dynomax and H pipe at idle.

Replaced the Summit Turbo mufflers with Dynomax Super Turbos, 14" long. The Summits had a lot of drone but sounded nice outside. I also added an H pipe using the Summit kit. That kit is nice if you're thinking about adding the H pipe. Here's a sample of the sound with the Dynomax and H pipe at idle.

Perfect. H-pipe will take a little pitch out of the Chop but will still sound good.... Crazy to think I met you when that car wasn't anywhere near complete....

JW

Perfect. H-pipe will take a little pitch out of the Chop but will still sound good.... Crazy to think I met you when that car wasn't anywhere near complete....
JW
Yep, and I have you to thank for the short block. It's had a lot of work done to it.

I was listening to the video last nite and my wife walked by and asked where the lion sound was coming from...guess you got a king of the jungle there!

Nice car ! I had a twin to that with the exception of B5 Blue . Sport Mirror , triple stripe pkg , fold down seat , 4 sp , 340 with white interior .

-
Back