1973 dart front fender removal

-

adamparrish123

Reaction score
Hey guys i need advice on removing the front fenders from mt 73 dart swinger they appear to be held on around the headlight bezel area by spot welds the fenders are in great shape and we are going to reuse them

If I'm right, you just aren't looking far enough. The headlight bucket area is part of the fender, it comes off with it. There are two bolts coming from inside the engine compartment. Passenger side is by the horns and down low and the drivers side is one up top and one under the battery tray. Hope this helps. If I'm wrong someone will clear it up. Dont forget the nut that is up inside back by the door, this one is kind of a pain, but not so bad with an air ratchet, coming through with the door open.

Maybe this picture will help.

attachment.php

Man that helps, this car has been in the family for 30 + years i rode in it shortly after i was born then dad placed it in dry storage so the car means a lot to me and my dad
a little about the build 73 swinger sunroof car original a/c car 400+ 340 going in kelsey hayes disc 727 tranney 8 3/4 sure grip

Cool, welcome to FABO! Make sure you start a resto thread so we can watch your progress. You will surely get all your questions answered here, and maybe you will answer some of ours. Cheers!

Yeap, there 2 bolts are inside next to the radiator. There are the 2 you can see down at the bottom on the back of the fender, the ones across the top and the one inside the door jamb under the top of the fender. Don't forget to unplug the light on the side marker.

cant thank you guys enough FABO has been the best thing i have sighed up for in my life i cant get away from it you guys are the best and thanks again

-
Back