-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dart2NV

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello All : I am looking for any information (old acticles-advertisement) pertaining to Mr.Norm Grand Spaulding Dodge & the super-charged 1973 Dodge Dart Sports that he built. I have found quite a few acticles pertaining to the 1971 & 72 Demons both with Six Packs & Super-Chargers. I did find one flyer on ebay a short while back where Mr.Norn was advertising the 73 Dart Sport with a super-charger add on for $3,495 but missed the bid on the flyer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please contact me through this site or emailing me direct at [email protected] Thank you

I just saw one of these in a magazine recently... I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: It was in the January 2008 issue of Mopar Collector's Guide. It's a yellow original owner car... a real beauty! Unfortunately, I no longer have the issue but it's available from MCG still. www.moparcollectorsguide.com

Thanks very much - if anyone has or know where I can buy the collage seen in the acticle please contact me asap.It will be greatly appreciated.

FYI, if anyone wants to keep this article you'd better save it quickly as I will be deleting the images off of my Flickr page soon. They're enormous files! :)

If you ask Mr. Norm, he'll tell you he never made any of these. Both ads I've seen for the cars would be for late 73 model year cars, and state "Speed Shop installed" or "Special Order". I think he got around the fed's rule on modifying these cars when new. I have some knowledge of three of them that are known, including the one in MCG. I'd like to talk to the guy with the yellow GSS Sport and see if his paperwork for the car shows the supercharger sold as new with it, or installed after the sale. The first two years of GSS Demons should have had the upgrades installed before the sale and financed if needed. The later cars, once it was illegal for the dealership to modify the cars, would have been done "outside" the dealership. It was an easy to overcome technicality.

I suppose the easiest way around the modification would be to state in the sales contract that the buyer was purchasing the blower set-up from the parts counter and the dealer was installing it for him on his new car as an extra.

The fact that the yellow car was supposedly a dealer demo might go against that I suppose... at any rate, I wish car dealers today had the freedom to do what their counterparts in the musclecar era did. Even something simple like ordering a car in a unavailable colour is something that's impossible these days... madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back