1973 Dart Sport Door panels

-

1962Edison

....diggin' the Mopars....!
Reaction score
Wanted: I'm converting my 1973 Dart Sport over to White interior. I have the front buckets and rear fold down but need everything else. Does the carpet and dash stay black with white interiors? Any and all leads appreciated!

Bryan

My '73 has a black dash and carpet, white seats and door panels. The top of the door panels are black, though.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

its known as your secondary interior color. if no other color was chosen to go with white seats, they gave you black carpet, dash, headliner, upper door frame paint, steering column, etc.

So... I could leave my green dash....roof liner.... steering column.....carpet etc...the way it is and go with the white seats...door panels...sail panels for the correct look? I have the WHITE front (BUCKETS) and rear seat but need everything else in white including door panels.....any leads appreciated.

Bryan

3437174-100_0554.jpg
2072578010043243696AHadEZ

I don't know if the factory made them that way, all I've ever seen with white interiors had the dash and other stuff in black. I think it would look ok if you just did the seats and door panels in white and left everything else the original green.
Go to http://missourimopar.com/1973-dodge-dart-sport.html and click on photos 7 through 14 and you can get a pretty good idea of what mine looks like form the factory. I've got the old car up to driving status now and have done some work on it so it does look better than in those pics.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

MOBodyman yours is correct. 1962Edison you could leave the interior green with the new white parts if you choose but it would not be correct. it would need to be like MOBodymans to be correct.

Hi, Not a Dart Sport so might make a difference, but I have a '73 Swinger (as I said probably different, but gives you another option/look in) parts car that has a white interior. Well, what is left of one. The door panels were white with a brownish strip across them. Car was brown originally paint wise. Above, instead of the black they had a white plastic trim piece. The dash is a white ish tan colour as is the wheel. Hard to tell after all these years of neglect. Just another option colour wise.

Not going to be 100 percent correct resto job so I would think you could do what you like and think looks good!

Cheers

dash.JPG

rear side panel.JPG

-
Back