1973 dart swinger

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
come on guys let me see them 73/74 swingers..looking at color and wheel/tire combo..come on thanks mike:toothy2:

sweet car you got there mopardrt...i like the tail strip to..thats what i was looking to do or may try to do..is that painted on or wrap...keep the pics coming guys..anybody have a fe5 color ??? thats the color of my old dart with a white top..thanks mike:happy7::happy7::happy7::happy7:

The stripe is not there yet, but that's what I'm shooting for as far as the look.

Attachments

• ChromeOff.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 266
Subscribed. I haven't seen too many posted here. I'll upload a picture of mine when I can, but it's not even close to done.

this is how my 73 set right now been doing the body and trying to get parts to install the 400.....i have installed the 8 3/4 with the ss spring and mp drag shocks, once i get it into primer im good then i will try to start the install and set what fits and works ..lol going to be a stock 400 for now just want something to drive and spine a tire on...dont know about you guys but when i have a long with problems if i go out and drive my hot rod it makes it all go away.......i use to drive my duster to the stor and pick up a cold beer and come home stop at the local chevy guy house(road) and spin pass his house as he would do it to me...lol:D:D:Dbut i just love the hands on ...the work and the things you have to go through to make some stuff work is all worth it in the end...mike:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• HPIM0691.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 239
a couple quick ones of my 74'. wheels are just stockers with a quicky spray paint and chrome lugs. perfect for a daily driver that gets parked outside all the time

Attachments

• P1010017.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 238
  • P1010018.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 230
you guys have some nice looking cars..and can drive them thats what i want to do with my car now jump in and drive...:shock:

Still hunting for a clean dent and rust free tan door and fender to get it looking right.

079.jpg

Crisco,
That wheel/tire combination looks great! Can you provide some specs? Also, is the front/rear suspension setup factory or have you relocated springs, etc?

-Mike

Crisco,
That wheel/tire combination looks great! Can you provide some specs? Also, is the front/rear suspension setup factory or have you relocated springs, etc?

-Mike

Mike,

Here's a link to the details of the wheel & tire combo...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=163778&page=2

I'm using Hotchkis rear leafs and a CE slide-a-link. Other than that, the front and rear suspension is stock. The rearend is a Dana 60, but I had it built to stock length as the original 7 1/4 rearend. The fenderwells are stock/unaltered.

All:

I don't want to hijack this post, but could somebody with a 73/74 Swinger please post pics of the front fender lower support backets that attach from the bottom of the fender to the bumper brackets? I think mine are either the wrong length or I'm doing it wrong. It's been giving me a hard time, and I'm not sure how they came originally.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

73 Swinger...

Attachments

• DART_HAHN.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 6_8_09a 008.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Finish1c.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 182
  • after.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 166
Whitey,
That looks great! I'm actually planning on painting my car B5 with the black stripe across the back. Mine will not have a vinyl top, and I will probably go with the dual snorkel scoop, but man, that looks great! I'm definitely sold on the blacked out grill. Thanks for posting.

i'll try and post pics for you today ..mike

Did you ever get around to snapping a few pictures of the front lower fender braces that tie to the bumper brackets? I'm really curious to see how these mount. Either mine are too short (which I thought they were all the same length), or I'm doing something wrong...

sorry man i didnt i forgot them..but i have a list of things to do to the car tomm. and will put it on the list right now..cause i will be working with the bumpers tomm. getting them ready to go back on..i plan to cut some of the mounts off for weigh.lol mike :cheers:

It's not a swinger, but I have always liked Slotted mags. Soon I will have Magnum GT wheels on the front and Super Coupe wheels on the rear.

fullzizecropped.png

before and after paint pics loaded backwards we painted it panther pink

Attachments

• 121110132831.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 100811171702.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 151
Theres a few hahahaha :D

Attachments

• 015 (Copy).JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 014 (Copy).JPG