1973 Dart wiper arm removal

-

Caberocks

Reaction score
Need a little help from you guys so I don't damage these. I've looked in all my manuals and they say use a small screwdriver or something and pull the locking tab out. These pictures aren't great, but is the part I circled what needs to be pulled? Is there an easy way to do this?
Searched the forum and still scratching my head. It looks to me me like the part circled is really recessed so i think it may be hard to get a hold of them.

20161228_161347.jpg

20161228_161411.jpg

That's not it. <thinking of an Eddie Murphy bit from the 80's>

See my yellow arrow in your picture. The little tab has to be pulled outward from the pivot shaft. It's not that easy to grab onto, and it's easy to scratch your paint.
wiper_pivot.png

Thanks guys! Makes sense now, glad I waited to ask! Hopefully this will help someone else too!

image.jpeg
Depending on the wiper arm post # 3 may not the type of arm you have. Some just have a spring metal tab that needs to be pulled away and to me would be more difficult. Search the forum as in the near past someone posted a picture of a tool that appeared to make removal much easier. If you have the expertise and tools I believe that the tool could be made in a home shop. Picture of wiper arm from 73 Duster .
Yote

image.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 1715015190 Depending on the wiper arm post # 3 may not the type of arm you have. Some just have a spring metal tab that needs to be pulled away and to me would be more difficult. Search the forum as in the near past someone posted a picture of a tool that appeared to make removal much easier. If you have the expertise and tools I believe that the tool could be made in a home shop. Picture of wiper arm from 73 Duster .
Yote

View attachment 1715015191

Okay thanks! Got her covered up right now as it is supposed to rain the next couple of days! I'll see which one I have then! Thanks!

Mike

-
Back