-
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_depetro

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
It was originally a slant 6 car, but now sports (no pun intended) a very peppy 318 cubic inch small block V8 engine. It also now has the larger TorqueFlite-727 heavy duty automatic transmission which shifts great. It is a column shift. The rear end is the factory small one but has no problems. It has brand new spark plugs, ignition wires (lifetime warranty), oil change, transmission fluid flush/change, coolant flush/change, distributor cap, distributor rotor, air filter, oil cap… The car runs great an is pretty powerful for a 318 automatic car. I haven’t taken it on any long trips, but it has never left me stranded anywhere after cruising in it for a couple hours at a time.

The car has fairly recent paint and looks good. It isn't perfect and this is no show car, but a great car for the money.

The car starts every time and drives down the road as good as any. It does NOT leak anything (coolant, transmission fluid, oil, rear end gear lube, brake fluid...). It has all (4; 2-uppers & 2-lowers) new premium Moog (lifetime warranty) ball joints. It rides comfortable, and all the lights function correctly (Headlights, tail lights, brake lights, blinkers, reverse lights, marker lights...). All the gauges function correctly as well. There are no wiring gremlins here. There is also brand new dual exhaust with glasspacks from the manifolds out the back of the car. The front tires are like new (P195/70R-14) and the rears are about 40% tread life left (P245/60R-14). The car does have the small 5x4" bolt pattern and the wheels are 14x6" rallyes and are in great shape. They also have all 4 trim rings and the early style center caps. These alone are worth some money. All the trim around the windows and on the drip rails is very nice. The car has power steering and the rear brakes are also new. It has non-power drum brakes on all four corners. The grille is in nice shape, but has been 'blacked out'. The interior is great shape, but needs cleaning. The rear panels, seat, and upper panels are mint. The pictures make it look worse than they are. The headliner is nice. The dash is the deluxe woodgrain style and is very nice. The front door panels need to be painted or replaced and the dash pad should be replaced at some point. It has one split in the very center. Picture #10 shows some wear on the dash pad in the driver side corner, those are not cracks! It is a tan pad that has been dyed black. The front seat could use a new seat cover. It is a split bench seat. Both bumpers could use replacement, but are fine as-is. The tail light bezels are there (pictured in the trunk with an original AM radio), but should be replaced with better ones which is why I never installed them. The car does have filler in the lower quarters, rockers, lower fenders and in the tail panel. The passenger side door has a couple large dings in it, however I have a very nice door to go with the car (it is in primer). I backed out of the driveway this summer and the passenger front tire caught my 6-year old sons Razor scooter. It dented the passenger side fender in front of the wheel down low, but is not very visable if you are not looking for it. The hood has small holes drilled in it as I had an original dual snorkel scoop on the car, but never re-installed it after the paint. The floors are solid and appear to have been changed at one time. The trunk floor is pretty solid with a few pin holes along the frame rail and a small hole near the right rear brace. The spare tire well has been patched. It needed a small section at the rear most part of the rear frame rail replaced so as a precaution I did both sides. A previous owner did a backyard job of fixing the passenger side torsion bar mount using angle iron, but it works. I fixed the front very nicely and did the drivers side correctly as a precaution. The frame rails and torsion bar mounts are very solid.

This is a great car to cruise in. It gets a lot of attention and everyone seems to enjoy it. If this car is to be restored I would recommend replacing the fenders, rockers, & quarters. The tail section will also need a little work. The deck lid is a mint one I had in my extra parts so I used it as the original was kind of rough.

The parts I installed this spring/summer is almost equal to the price.
I am also able to deliver this car anywhere in the US for a fee (e-mail for quote).

Price: $2,500.00 FIRM!

[email protected]
daniel_depetro @yahoo.com (without the space before the @)

e-mail for photos if these quit working...

leftfrontmm1.jpg

rightfrontpc0.jpg

frontek7.jpg

leftrearra8.jpg

rightreardh7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back