1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 { Trades? }

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Also Have A 340 Dart Sport With 52,000 Orig Miles With An Untouched Power Train The Car Is As Original As In Comes With The Exception Of Wheel Centers , Had A Hard Time Getting It Appraised For 13,500 Canadian , Was Wondering How Many 340,s Had Factory Air , With B5 Blue Interior .but I Like That Black Dart, Especially The 4 Speed.

nice car!!!!!!

Hello Everyone:
Going to be a picture prefect Fall day up here where I live in the Northeast - this after practically a week of rain & clouds * So the Dart will again hit the road for a local car show a couple towns over * Any way for those that might be interested - I've decide to list the Dart on ebay * I wanted to include the word trade - because as you know - that's really what I perfer to do * But ebay rules forbid me to do so *
The item # is 180415186829 * There's a very complete discription along with 24 pictures * Ha ha - if you'll notice in one of the pictures - there's the word trade on the windshield * Wonder how long it'll be before they see it & either delete my picture or cancel my listing - LOL:clock:

Dan, very nice car.
I looked over your ebay ad but didn't see any mention of dealership documentation for your car. That might help get the $$ you are looking to get for the car.
As for 73-74 Dart Sport GSS cars, here is my take on that subject. I feel confident in saying that there were Dart Sport GSS cars built. I have two ads I believe in my collection mentioning the cars. One is as late as June 73 which in the magazine world would translate to mid year 73 production. The ad states something to the effect of "Speed shop installed". The reason Grand Spaulding stopped making these cars was due to federal regulations that prohibited them from modifying cars that were new. At the time, a bypass to this law was to have an off site "shop" do the performance upgrades. I think the basic difference might have been just the way the sales ticket was written up or maybe the extra parts weren't able to be financed with the car at the time of the final sale. Not sure on this. I don't believe that an outside shop actually did anything to the car, they might have just moved the car across the street to another division of the dealership. The car in MCG from Beloit WI is an example of the cars in question, plus I have seen/heard of at least two more that I believe were GSS cars. You have to keep an open mind with regard to GSS cars, it's not a cut and dry option list. Not all 72 GSS cars came with a Paxton , not all Dart Sports came with a Paxton, some people liked/wanted the six pack, or, maybe they stuck with the 4 bbl but had other performance upgrades done at the dealership. I've never heard it talked about or seen it advertised but I think of this as a sort of stage 1, 2 or 3 type performance level with these cars, whatever the customer wanted, whatever he could afford. That's not to say every hi-po car sold at GSD should be considered a GSS of sorts, even though they were all dyno tuned, but any level of "beyond factory" upgrades to me make it something noteworthy.

Again, this is all just my two cents, based on years of research on my end.

Yes I believe the exact same thing - although it's very hard to document * All records according to Mr.Norm where lost in a trailer fire * I'm told there's another gentleman who has some records - but not all * Unfortunately my Dart doesn't have concrete dealer documentation - only what the a pervious owner told me * Not even Mr.Norm couldn't tell me proof positive - although it could have very well been sold at his dealership * One of the editor's from Mopar Muscle came to me a Carlisle right after I received the Mr.Norm's award & said he knew the guy with the some of Mr.Norm records * He told me he was going to personally check into it & get back to me the following day - but the wife & I left to go home around noon right after picking up the 3rd place in class award * I have since been contacted by Hemmings & was invited to their 1st Anual Concourse Show * I also had a personal invite to the Mr.Norm's - Carol Sheby Shoot- Out in Indiana * Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend either - economy & work held me back. Dan

My finding as for the production #s go are as follows

1973 Dart Sport 340 11,315
1974 Dart Sport 360 3,951

1973 340 Duster 15,731
1974 360 Duster 3,969
1975 360 Duster 1,421
1976 360 Duster N/A

Small Block

G T O , s I WAS AT THE ATLANTIC NATIONALS LAST WEEK PROB 100 THERE, I SAW I THINK ONE DART SPORT IT WAS ORIGINALLY A 6 , YOU HAVE A LOT BETTER CAR THAN ANY G T O.

What atlantic mopar nationals arer you talking about ..the car show in Moncton ?

Larry Wiener in California should have your dealer packet if the car was sold new at GSD. I don't have his number in front of me. You will need your VIN when you call. If I were you I would look him up and see if he has your information. I think he's got records through 1974. The earlier records were destroyed by a fire, I think 67 early 68 and prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back