-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dart2NV

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello MOPAR Lovers - Let me first start off by saying that the Dart Sport 340 pictured below is an All Numbers Matching car with fender tag & build sheet.
Correct TX9 Black with the correct & original I might add Parchment bucket seat interior. It is extremely solid & laser straight with show quality paint. The Dart was sold new at Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago,IL With that said,please let me move on to the meat of the subject. With the help of Mr.Norm ( great guy ) throught conversation & emails I personally transformed the Dart in a Mr.Norm's Tribute. That's correct - I built the Dart just as he would of - if he had done it myself back in 1973. The engine was removed & professionally rebuilt to 1970 specs. including 340HP exhaust manifolds. I did go with a larger MP 484/484 purple cam. Installed was a brand new Six Pack manifold & Carburetors - Air cleaner right from MP. Correct orange reproduction spark plug wires. Correct repro. voltage regulator. I even have a 1973 date coded red,white & blue Mopar oil filter on the car. It's a 4-speed car ( no console ) with Woodgrain Tuff wheel from Mancini. After all that was done - I hauled it 4 hours to 2008 All Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle,PA for Mr.Norm to inspect. Mr.Norm & his crew spend nearly an hour inspecting the Dart. After it was all said & done - Mr.Norm personally signed the dash with the words "Done Right" ( photo documented)
The following day I was honored with the Mr.Norm's "Top A Body" award
( photo documented ) where Mr.Norm signed the air cleaner lid #1 2008.
( also photo documented ) I was even asked to display the Dart next to a real GSS Demon in front of the Mr.Norm's tent. To top off the weekend - I won a 3rd place in class. This Dart needs absolutely nothing. It's a one of a kind. Only 11,315 Dart Sport 340 were built in 1973 & only about half of those were 4-speeds. For insurance purposes I had the Dart appraised in 2008. after being signed - 45k was the number. Well I accompished what I set out to do & now it's time to move on. With the economy being what it is - finding someone with money to burn is practically impossible. So I'm looking for someone interested in trading - either up or down. I would perfer a 1962-65
B-body or possibly a 1970 Super Bee. However - I will look at all interesting trades. Please no mud buckets or projects. I want to now thank all for checking out my listing & the best of luck hitting the lottery.LOL - My name is Dan & I can be reached at 845-473-9300 day 845-546-5523 nights & weekends. Please email all offers & pictures to [email protected] - Thank you !!!

DSC04082.jpg

Nice car!I have a 73 Dart Sport 340 4 speed.Are your production #,s correct?I have been under the impression that 11,000 73 Dart Sport 340,s were made?

MT.NEMO.JPG

I need to check my records at home, but I know for sure they produced more than 1,099 Dart Sport 340s in 1973. It's a low production car -- but not that low. I think the correct total is close to 11,000.

You may know there's some controversy as to whether Mr. Norm actually produced any true GSS Dart Sport 340s in 1973. Mr. Norm has stated in interviews that 1972 was the last year for this special edition, but recently, Mopar Collector's Guide magazine located a '73 Dart Sport 340 sold at Mr. Norm's Chicago dealershp that appears to match the description of a GSS model. Also, MCG published an original Mr. Norm's magazine ad from 1973 advertising the availability of a Dart Sport 340 GSS.

Interesting stuff for us Dart Sport owners.

Sorry all for the typo - has been corrected. As far as Mr.Norm making any 1973 GSS Darts? that's really hard to say. I do however have a collage from an old magazine advertisment for Grand Spaulding Dodge that clearly shows
Mr.Norm advertising 1973 Dart Sport 340 with Paxton superchargers installed for $3,595.00 - Let me see if I can take a picture of the collage & post it.

DSC04872.jpg

Yep, that's the ad they published in Mopar Collector's Guide. I'd love to see a larger copy of the ad so that the small type is readable. Can you post a close up photo?

It's really odd Mr. Norm doesn't remember these GSS models being available in '73. I'm sure they only sold a few of them. I wonder what he'd say if he saw this ad?

BTW: Your Dart looks great. Do you have any other photos? I have a TX9 black one myself (although it's a factory stripe delete car). You see black cars all the time these days, but back then, they were fairly rare.

I already tried a close-up but it turned out blurry. I was able to enlarge this picture on my computer - but couldn't down load it to this site - kepted tell me it was too large. I'd be happy to email you the photo & maybe you can blow it up enough to read the finer print.

I Also Have A 340 Dart Sport With 52,000 Orig Miles With An Untouched Power Train The Car Is As Original As In Comes With The Exception Of Wheel Centers , Had A Hard Time Getting It Appraised For 13,500 Canadian , Was Wondering How Many 340,s Had Factory Air , With B5 Blue Interior .but I Like That Black Dart, Especially The 4 Speed.

Car Photo  1 June 2008.jpg

MAN.....I would love to have your car! I either want a RED, BLACK, or WHITE one.
Hope you have it for awhile....then maybe I can buy it one day!

Nice car, always liked the Tx9 paint on that body style. I have a 73 340 Dart Sport, auto, non a/c with a sunroof. How many of them do you think were made? I also thought the production numbers on the 73 340's to be around 11000 give or take a few. Very nice car and best of luck on the sale.

Wow gentlemen - very nice Dart Sports. I had a guy last night at the local cruise nite offer me his 65 GTO as an even-up trade. Wasn't a bad car if you like GM's. Plus there's always GTO's at every car show & cruise. It's like owning a Camaro or Chevelle - seem's like everyone has one or had one.

G T O , s I WAS AT THE ATLANTIC NATIONALS LAST WEEK PROB 100 THERE, I SAW I THINK ONE DART SPORT IT WAS ORIGINALLY A 6 , YOU HAVE A LOT BETTER CAR THAN ANY G T O.

I used to have a numbers matching 73 340 auto Dart Sport that was white on green with green top and side moldings. I also seem to remember that there were around 11000 Dart Sport 340's made. There were around 15000 Duster 340's made.

On your camera there should be a macro mode, or a picture of a flower. thats the mode or setting to be in for close ups.

or if you have an All-In-One printer you can scan it!

Hi All : I've tried every which way to get a bigger better shot - still blurry. My buddy as the new Cyber-shot, so I'll try his camera. I made it into the local newspaper - they were covering a charity car show I was at yesterday. I'll see if I can download the shot. Dan

bilde.jpg

Hey guys. I've been looking all over for a site with a few more Dart Sports and i'm glad i found it. I have a quick question for anyone willing to help. I have a 73 Dart Sport and i've been restoring it for quite sometime. I'm finally doing the interior and have noticed that the console is missing some kind of trim on the bottom (passenger and driver side). Some of the shifter components are exposed and its not tight up against the floor. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find these parts. and if possible,post pictures of what their center console looks like. I'll post pictures of everything later this week. Any info, help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hey guys. I've been looking all over for a site with a few more Dart Sports and i'm glad i found it. I have a quick question for anyone willing to help. I have a 73 Dart Sport and i've been restoring it for quite sometime. I'm finally doing the interior and have noticed that the console is missing some kind of trim on the bottom (passenger and driver side). Some of the shifter components are exposed and its not tight up against the floor. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find these parts. and if possible,post pictures of what their center console looks like. I'll post pictures of everything later this week. Any info, help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

it is the trim carpet for the console. it runs around the bottom edge. that is what you are missing....

Hello all - I thought I'd add this picture with the hood down.

DSC07791noBG.jpg

Buicks @ Big Al's Toybox 004.jpg

I love my Dart Sport, I also have a Dart Lite just recently purachaced. The Dart Sport is ony a 318 car though. Its raced in NHRA Stock Eliminator in F/SA, it held the record in E/SA with a 360, now its a 340 car. I think theres only about 2 or 3 Dart Sport NHRA stockers out there racing, mostly Dusters. We call mine the Super Dart as it wins so much and is so fast. Heres a link for a picture, I dont know how to put one up. Theres a 340 Dart Sport here local for sale for $5500, looks pretty nice, but ive got way to many projects now.

Anyways, type in Steve Wann on autoimagery.com and go to page # 32 or so of his photos, he drives the car for me.

To my knowledge, no one makes the replacement carpet pieces for your console. I assume your car has the cut-pile carpet like mine-- not the hook and weave stuff. I would find some of the original pieces (regardless of their condition) at a junk yard, and then order a yard or two of the correct cut pile carpet from Legendary Interiors. Then, you can use the original carpet pieces to cut replacement pieces from the new carpet. You'll be good to go -- and it will look just like factory.

I've owned my fair share of A-bodies over the last 35 years - but I have to tell you - the 73 Dart Sport I have now have ranks way up there in
steering & handling compared to most I've owned * Plus the power disc brakes makes stopping a breeze * Also I found that raising the torsion bars up an inch over stock & towing the front wheels in a half degree made the car handle much better at higher speeds * Plus I've noticed that since putting the Centerline Auto Drags on with a 7 inch rear rim with 3-1/2 off-set stopped the car from nosing in the corners * Just thought I'd share that with other 73-76 Dart Sport owners - Dan

Got some new pictures from the Dover Drag Strip Reunion - Was a great show - lot's of old Stock & Super Stock drag racers of all makes & models * Hemi's - Max Wedge - Thunderbolts - 409 Dual Quad cars *
check it out on www.doverdragstrip.com

DSC05017.jpg

DSC05021.jpg

DSC05023.jpg

DSC05024.jpg

DSC05013.jpg

DSC05007.jpg

DSC05020.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back