1973 Dodge Dart Sport Dual Snorkel Scoop Question

-

dillon14

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I would find, on the original broadcast sheet, the option code showing that the dual snorkel hood scoop was original from the factory and not added later. I do have a photo of the original broadcast sheet to look at.
Thanks,
Al in Maine

Can anyone tell me where I would find, on the original broadcast sheet, the option code showing that the dual snorkel hood scoop was original from the factory and not added later. I do have a photo of the original broadcast sheet to look at.
Thanks,
Al in Maine
Hey Al, Should be in the J section (Miscellaneous Items) on the build sheet. Should say Sport Hood and the code is J54.

Hey Al, Should be in the J section (Miscellaneous Items) on the build sheet. Should say Sport Hood and the code is J54.
The owner says it is the factory original dual snorkel with the holes, doughnuts and the penstar on the scoop itself. Is this possible without the J54 on the broadcast sheet?

The owner says it is the factory original dual snorkel with the holes, doughnuts and the penstar on the scoop itself. Is this possible without the J54 on the broadcast sheet?
Hey Al, I would never say never with a Mopar. I have seen cars that were coded for certain options and they were never on the car and I also have seen the opposite where its is not on the fender tag or build sheet but the car does have those options. My car has the J54 code on the build sheet as well as on the fender tag. I remember talking to a guy at a car show years ago and he told me a story of how he remembered a Demon 340 being ordered and when it arrived at the dealership it was missing the tail panel stripes. Some how it was missed and the car came without the stripe. The dealership order the stripes and put them on at the dealership. The cars fender tag was coded for a stripe delete. Never say never.

-
Back