Not open for further replies.

valiant100

valiant100
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1973 Dodge Dart Sport $2000 or better offer. In ANAHEIM CA
Need to sell ASAP due to mortgage payment increase. My brother bought the Dart from a friend in 1999. His friend's family had the Dart for almost 20 years. When my brother went off to college I bought the Dodge to make it a Slant 6 race car.
Engine: Since inheriting the car I have rebuilt and installed the Slant 6 engine. With help from a friend at Recon Engines in California, the engine was bored 40 over. The heads are rebuilt stock as I was to drive the car to work until money came in to modify other heads. All egine components were all installed new and are in near new shape as the engine has only approx. 3,000 miles. I completed some electrical work to the engine compartment as some wires were cracked and frayed. 3 Gauges were installed to monitor the engine. It also has new negative and positive battery wires. The car was used to drive to work, only 13 miles both ways. The carburator is a Holley 1920 carb that I pulled from my 68 Valiant. I rebuilt the carb. Only problem on the engine is the Choke temperature rod, the coil inside of it takes a while to loosen when car is warm. The engine has new fuel pump, hoses, water pump and thermostat. Everything was changed when engine wa rebuilt. The engine runs great/perfect and feels like a 318. With a four barell set-up from clifford performance this engine will run hard.
Transmission: The transmission (904) is also newly rebuilt. It has same miles as motor (3,000). It has stock converter.
Suspension: 1 year ago, I rebuilt the entire front suspension. The suspension has all new bushings (polyurethane) from energy suspension. New tire rods, new idler arm, new pitman arm, new ball joints were installed. I also put in new rotors and pads during the suspension rebuild. A new remanufatured master cylinder was also put in. The rear suspension has new rubber bushings on the rear shackles. The rear inner bushings were not put in do to awaiting a swap for a 8 3/4 but did not work out.
Rear end. The rear is the 8 1/4 rear and is only in need of a center gasket and cleaning.
Brakes: The front disk brakes are almost new and there is no defects to them . The rear drum brakes are in fair condition. Car stops beautifally.
Wheels and tires: The wheels are rallye wheels that I took in and had sand blasted . I spray painted the wheels with the correct rallye wheel silver. The front tires are 215 60 14 and the rear have 245 60 14. The wheels are the big bolt pattern 4 1/2.
Body: The body is in good condition for the years. The car has it's original paint still on it. The roof had minimal surface rust beginning so I sanded and painted the top to look like a rag top. The body has a few door dings one significant one on the rear trunk. The car has minimal rusting. Some light surface rusting on the floor pans, in the trunk. Rust on passenger rear quarter panel. My body guy said the floor pans and trunk are very salvageable but a lower rear quarter patch would be needed.
Interior: The interior is all there but will need restoration.
Steering: I recently switched the car from power steering to manual steering. The gear box moves freely. I inspected the box before I put it in and also rebuilt the coupler.
Gas/ Fuel: The car has newly rebuilt 1brl carb that I rebuilt. Teh brake lines were flushed when I installed a new gas tank a year ago. Gas tank was $149 on ebay.
Cooling: The car's radiator was taken to Mattson's radiator in Stanton CA for fixing. Radiator works perfect.
Apart from getting a good car, the buyer will also get:
A used intrumental panel with gauges as gas gauge on car is not working. A new set of cat wiskers for doors (8 pieces). Four new side marker lights from mopar, A new snorkel hood scoop from Mopars by Crane that I bought at Mopars at the Strip last year, and an extra front grill.
Much more stuff to describe. If you have questions email me and I will respond. I will be checking item nightly. I reserve the right to end auction early if car is sold locally. Shipping car place is near my house, buyer to pay charges, I will get car there.
GOOD LUCK!! IF you wish to see car personally and drive it contact me at 714 6066518.
email for REVIEW PICTURES.

SEE ITEM ON SECOND POST LINK

eBayISAPI.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back