-
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRC

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1973 Dodge Dart Swinger. 149k ish miles. Nice shape, handles well, fun driver/toy.

Drivetrain: 318/904/8.25 3.55 sure grip. Non original 1973 318 out of a Duster. Supposedly has 80k or so miles on it. Runs well. New carb, water pump, fuel pump, coolant and heater hoses, recent tune up. All stock. Trans is the original 904. Works fine, but definitely has a trans fluid leak near the bell housing. New poly motor and trans mounts. Rear I bought used and installed. Makes a bit of noise but not terrible. New driveshaft. It does have some shake to it…could be driveshaft or pinion angle…been on the list to get to but time has been tight and haven’t messed with it much.

Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Steering/Brakes
: Hotchkiss rear leaf springs, PST 1.03 torsion bars up front. QA1 upper and lower control arms and strut rods. Stock k frame has been welded and gusseted. Newer ball joints, front wheel bearings, tie rod ends and rubber brake lines. Hellwig front and rear sway bars. Borgeson steering box kit from Bergman Autocraft (box, pump, lines, adapter joint). Polished 17x8 Torque Thrust II’s all around (4.5 BS rear, 5.5 BS front). Tires are 245/45/17 Falken Azeni FR510’s all around. 3 years old but have 3k miles on them at the most.

Body: Body is in good shape. Floors had some smaller soft spots on the front floors on them that I cut out and patched. Welded in steel, seam sealed welds top and bottom, painted. Came out well. Both rear quarters have rust on the bottom behind the wheels. Rockers, fenders, etc all solid. Car was repainted b5 blue by a previous owner some time in the past. Nice paint, but wouldn’t say show quality. Also had the white vinyl top replaced. Can see some bumps around the quarter seam under the roof. Been there since I bought the car. Hasn’t gotten worse so I’ve left it alone. Blue interior is in overall good shape. Drivers side A pillar trim is missing.

Overall it is a really fun car and a great start for someone to pick up and make it even better. It drives and handles very well. Plan was to swap in a 340/727/8.75 3.23 sure grip that I have here in the garage almost ready to go but priorities have shifted a bit, other projects I’m working on, etc. For the few that may remember, I did have this posted at one point a year or two ago but closed it as I had second thoughts, but I’m now ready to move on.

Car is located in Rockville, MD, just northwest of Washington DC. $15,000. Let me know if you have any questions.

ogd1.jpg

ogd2.jpg

ogd3.jpg

ogd4.jpg

ogd5.jpg

ogd6.jpg

ogd7.jpg

ogd8.jpg

ogd9.jpg

ogd10.jpg

Just a reminder….tomorrow is Mother’s Day. This is the perfect gift for that special mom in your life! :)

I bought a 1973 Dart Swinger from PRC about 4 months ago and could not be happier with the car. Not only did he tell me everything that was not right about the car, he followed up to make sure I was enjoying it. When I did encounter a minor problem, he texted me right away to let me know how to resolve it and we had another call after that. If I had the dough and the space I would buy this one too, but you won't find a better person to buy a solid Mopar from. Just my two cents. Thanks again Pat! Happy Mother's Day everyone. Ride on! KB

Bumping it up….also have fresh never fired 72 340, a ‘71 340 that is disassembled, an a body 8 3/4 housing, 3.23 sure grip chunk and a small block 727. Not selling anny of the parts until the car sells. Willing to discuss a package deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back