1973 Duster 340

-

Scotts766

Reaction score
After 19 years, she is back on the road again!

Attachments

• DSCN4942.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN4943.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCN4944.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 248
Welcome to FABO Scott. Nice 73', Black with the White inside, I like it. :thumleft:

Love the white interior, both of my 73's had white interior.

I bought the car from the original owner in January, 1985 (when I was 18!). It had been a daily driver from 1973 to 1983, when the 727 transmission let go. The car sat in a garage until I bought it. The speedometer cable was broken when I got it, the odometer had 6000 miles(probably 106,000). I'm guessing that's not too far off. I had the transmission rebuilt and replaced the front calipers and drove the car on weekends. I then let my girlfriend (now wife) drive the car for a while. After problems with the carburetor (Thermoquad) we stopped driving it for awhile. I replaced the Carter with a Holley 650 in 1991 and occasionally drove the car until 9/1994, when the car went in to get the rot repaired. I got the car back in 1996, as it looks now, with new rear quarters, repairs to the spare tire well and driver's side floor. The rest of the car is solid. The car has been stored in my garage since 1996. I replaced the leaf springs 4 years ago, and rebuilt the carb. 3 years ago. This spring, my neighbor helped me push the car outside so I could get it going again. So far, I've re-installed the gas tank, new master cylinder/booster, new shocks, valve cover gaskets, trans pan gasket, new brake hoses and a caliper, starter, thermostat and fan clutch (so THAT'S why it was overheating!) I am waiting for drums and brake shoes and front pads, although the brakes work OK. I am just amazed how well the cars runs and drives after sitting for so long. Thanks for all your replies and good luck on all your projects. As I progress I'll keep you posted.
Scotts766

Nothing better than buying one owner cars.
Keep up the good work and never sell it, it is part of the family now.
My grand kids love riding around in any of my antique vehicles.

-
Back