1973 duster door tag sticker

-

beerboy

Reaction score
any one out there know where i can find my cars front and rear and total weights? also month , day and year of build.? its a 1973 duster 340. I want to get a new door sticker/tag. I called the guys that reproduce them and he said he needs that info to reproduce a tag, I have the vin # and build sheet, but on the original tag that is on the original door---that was replaced, I can not read any thing on the tag. any where else I can find the info I need? thanks much

The SPD on the fender tag doesn't always match the door sticker. My Challenger's SPD is 927.(September 27th) The door sticker says October 1972 on it. The car was built two weeks later then the SPD.

Also, the VIN stickers changed in late 72 for E-bodies....maybe A-bodies too. An MDH(month/day/hour) code was placed in the lower left had corner of the sticker. There will be no way to know the code unless you can look at the original sticker.

Heres the decal on my 73 Duster. Unfortunately the build date on the decal wasnt legible
Fender tag reads Feb 20.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 326
  • 19.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 241
adam, is your car a 340? also the guy at the resto place-- the place is well known for making these --tells me the month- day- year is not on my build sheet

probably going to have to go off the scheduled production date from the fender tag. It appears it is the only info you have to go by. The rest is splitting hairs as it is close and these things aren't so critical just a completion of the car.

imagine that...got no idea then good luck.. my original paint 73 340 duster came with a 318 vin number sticker on the door and its a real h code 340 car had the original b1 blue paint on it so either someone replaced the drivers door with the same original b1 color door off a 318 car or someone at the factory stuck the wrong sticker on it. the car was a original paint south Carolina car and no signs of ever had any collision work done to it n haven't checked the date on the fender tag to see if it matched the door sticker but I will today just to satisfy my curiosity..

"AdamR", Your MDH code is 022813. The sticker was printed and most likely placed on the car on Feb 28th. The car was built 8 days later then what is on the fender tag.

What is the SPD of your car "beerboy"? If it is in the middle of the month, you are probably safe in assuming the car was built in that month.

first three digit on broadcast sheet under Vehicle Order Number will give month and day, year is figured by default

adam, is your car a 340? also the guy at the resto place-- the place is well known for making these --tells me the month- day- year is not on my build sheet

Its originally a 318 car.

"AdamR", Your MDH code is 022813. The sticker was printed and most likely placed on the car on Feb 28th. The car was built 8 days later then what is on the fender tag.

Thank you !

I found the # 629 on my fender tag. so I assume that means june 29 1973. I just need the hour and the front and rear weight and total weight or gvw which I think is 3175 lbs on a 340 4 speed

Personally I'd leave the MDH blank. There is a very good possibility that your car was built in July unless it was built early. I'd just have them put 6-73 on the tag and then the weights.

If he's going through Dave at ECS he has to have the correct info. He is required by law because its a door vin decal.

There is no way for him to know what the MDH code is. That's why I wouldn't guess at it. The weights can be found from other cars...that's not an issue. When I had mine done at ECS, I told the guy over the phone what my sticker said. As long as the VIN number is correct, AND he can't prove the sticker had a different month then the SPD on the fender tag, I think he is OK to say June.(since that matches the tag) ECS will know for sure.

anyone out there know the front and rear weight of a 1973 340 duster 4 speed? I have been on google for an hour and cannot find nothing. or know where I can find it ? thanks much

use the weights given from adams tag. His is a 73 v8 Duster and is the same.

total GVW 4440
Front 2210
rear 2230

Checked the door tag on my '73 Duster. Original "H" code 340 car. Total 4625, front 2330, rear 2295. Bare bones, bench seat, 4 speed car.

73 red duster thanks . sounds like exact car I have, I was thinking a 727 auto might be heavier then a 4 speed. I am bench seat , no air , no scoops, pretty bare 4 speed. we are getting slammed with a blizzard here in up state ny as we speak---- why do I live here, crap weather and taxes

im just south of buffalo in chaffee (the snow belt) and we only got about 8 inches today not bad they made it out to be way worse than it was..i don't think there's enough out there to take the snowmobile out again tomorrow but I will try and pound her one last time before I put it up

Sorry to hear about your weather there, Beerboy. Crazy here. Mid 60's Monday, upper 70's yesterday, mid 40's today, and back in the mid 60's tomorrow. Wonder why I'm coming down with a cold.

-
Back